My wife is having big problem with motion sickness. Every time she has to go to a longer trip she is feeling dizzy, nauseous and she vomits. For her situation to be more interesting she works in one company as sales manager and she is forced to travel a lot. She is taking Meclizine and there are some improvements. But I can see that it has some other effects too. She is very angry a lot of time, and she has also a "memory holes". Can taking meclizine for motion sickness cause memory loss and anger?

Well among common side effects there is nothing like that. But I suppose that it could be the consequence of drowsiness and nervousness that are known side effects of this medicine. They can lead to mild memory loss and even anger as a consequence of constant tension and nervousness. Maybe it is time to consult a doctor?

My daughter was given i doze of mecizine hcl last night after they flushed her ear and she became very dizzy. Today she does not remember being in the hospital and does not remember reading a book she has already read four chapters on. Is this common and will she get her memory back?

I have been taking meclizine for about 4 weeks straight now, was recently diagnosed with meneirs. I am having serious memory problems, trouble concentrating. I hate to go off meclizine because it does help with vertigo & nausea, but I'm a full time college student with finals next week. I am incidently under a doctors care.