Hi. I had a seizure two days ago. After it, I couldn`t remember a thing for a while. Is short term memory loss from a seizure possible? I felt like I have a black hole inside my head. Then my memory came back. But I can`t still recall some things during the seizure – I didn`t faint.

Hi. Yeah, it happens to me all the time. Whenever I have a seizure, I have a black hole in my head after it. I had my last seizure this morning. I was sitting and eating my breakfast. My head just fell on the plate and I was shaking for some 2 minutes. I was even vomiting. When I opened my eyes I was lying on my bed. I couldn`t remember a single thing that has happened. Then, after a while, my memory came back out of nowhere. It was my Mom who put a cushion under my head. I didn`t injured my head because my family use plastic plates. My Mom also put me in my bed. She is my biggest support.

I was on vacation and was taking a medication that was not suppose to be taken with others I am on, I ended up in the hospital for 2 days. My family is still telling me that I keep repeating myself I went in on the 23rd and got out on the 25th. I still cannot remember things. I am currently suing the doctor because he should have known about the medication.

Yes the doctor has some responsibility about the meds you take chrisdrab. But it is your body. You are ultimately responsible for what you put in it. Read all the papers you are given, from your previous meds to the new meds. I always receive pages of info with my meds. I bet you do too. Stop suing the doctor and look at yourself and take responsibility for yourself and your on actions. I hope you are ok and don't suffer any long term effects, but be honest with yourself. It is ultimately your fault, you took the meds, probably without reading the info first.

My wife had a seizure two days ago. She has no history of seizures before. After the trip to the ER we believe as the ER doctor that it was due to an increase of her medicine. She is suffering some short term memory loss and is really tired and sore. Is this normal?

Now to the actual reply to chrisdrab. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. You took the medicine. Did you read all the forms and check all the side effects and interactions BEFORE you took it. If you did not, then is the doctor at fault. I don't think he/she is. You are responsibile for what goes in your body. Don't blame other people for your inactions. Sue yourself, you are at fault, more than the doctor could ever be.

I had a seizure and i am suffering from short term to medium term memory loss. I have anxiety really bad and take zanax for it. i was off the meds for a few days and had my seizure. I fell and hit my head on a concrete bird feeder. im still having memory loss even though the seizure was a week ago is this normal? i drove downtown shortly after the seizure and could not find my way home. I had to use my gps on my phone because i remembered my street name and made it home. Then i cried for an hour when i got home. I live in a new rental so i can see how those memories were stored in my short term. Can seizures cause brain damage?

Hi I am also on xanax for anxiety and went 3 days without my medication and had a siezure. I also am suffering from mild memory loss is this normal? Will all my memory come back? And this is the second time this has happened to me is my brain being damaged more each time?And is there anything i can do to not have another one?

Yes, seizures can cause short term memory loss. It comes from having the hippocampus raked accross the bony structure of the inside of the skull during the seizure. There probably is also memory disruption cause by the electrical activity during the seizure as well. Depending on the severity, duration of, and number of seizures the severity of the loss will vary.

In my case I had my first seizure in May 2011. The seizures increased in severity and number over the next 6 months reducing me to an advanced alzheimers state. After 6 months a physicians assistant discovered a lump on the side of my neck. The seizures stopped with the first round of chemo. During the second round of chemo I "woke up" and was aware again. I was very confused and was pretty sure I had died. I was in a house I didn't remember buying and in a city I hadn't lived in for almost 10 years. I am cancer free now and haven't had a seizure since I started the chemo treatments.

My short term memory is bad. I am learning to cope and am developing skills to offset the loss. Notetaking, Garmin for getting around, etc. I have absolutely no memory of the six months from the time of the first seizure to the start of the second round of chemo. Before that it gets sketchy, some things I remember and some I don't. For example, I knew Obama was president but didn't remember buying the house I "woke up" in which I did in 2008.

I hope to be returning to work within the next couple of months as well as keeping clear on the quarterly cancer screens. Its been a long strange trip.

hi ya yes it is i had a seizure monday and only just got mine back iv just been seen by the doctors who now say i have epilepsy. but they told me it is comon

You really should journal on a daily basis so YOU remember your life. That's really harsh to lose your memory like that, I'm sorry.

What meds were they?

That's nice of your mom

HI everyone,
my son has these same seizures, does anyone know what this condition is called. Doctors are baffled by his once in awhile seizures that will cause short term memory loss. What type of meds are prescribed for such a condition and what type of testing id done?
Please let me know, for my son.
Joanne

I have myoclonic seizures which causes me to have short term memory loss. Depending on the severity of the seizures are on how bad the short term memory loss is for me. hope this helps