I have problems with anger management. My explosive behavior is episodic, but sometimes I have real problems controlling what I do and say. Today I had a bad episode. I think some of this may be linked to the new medication I am taking Klonopin. My behavior has been increasingly violent. I took a very large dose of it a few nights ago and since I have had one other episode, but I place responsibility on myself, but I know to not judge myself for it. What are the methods you use to help yourself? Is Klonopin appropriate for anger management?

Klonopin is closer to valium than xanax because it increases the action of GABA neurotransmission, but I doubt it would have any effect on your anger. It sounds to me like you might get more from treating the bipolar disorder before the anger. It sound to me like you have uncontrolled mood swings. Are you in contact with a psychiatrist who knows about your anger episodes? If you aren’t I would suggest that you get in touch with your doctor or a psychiatrist and tell them about you’re your anger issue.

I took klonopin for years and I don't see how it could help with anger management. I would think that it would actually make anger WORSE after the blood levels began to drop in time after the dose? I am not a doctor, but I would try another route like counseling or see try to get to the root of the problem, rather than just treating the symptom.

I have most of my anger problems around my wife. I love her dearly, but if I do something around the house and she isn't satisfied with it I get angry with her and take it as an insult. After I alienate her by screaming and throwing a childish tantrum, I calm down and realize she is right in what she said and I feel bad. I end up appoligizing and feeling like a jerk, but the next time it happens all over again. I've started going online and reading about techniques to keep it from happening again, but and suggestions you might have will be greatly appreciated. I don't think I'm really a bad person, I just have an anger problem and need to find a way to control it. Last week we had a very loud and violent argument. I would NEVER lay a hand on her but I get loud and say things that I really wish I wouldn't have said. She said her parents were always like that when she was growing up and I feel bad that she couldn't get away from it even in her own marriage. I would die if I ever lost her, so I want to be able to stop the anger and keep peace in our house.

40 mg of citalopram daily has made a big difference for me.