My daughter is 6 and I was on the depo shot when I got pregnant and she has precocuios puberty. I just wanted to know if the Depo shot had anything to do with it or if it is something else and if it is something else can you point me in the general direction so I can find out what can be done about it......

It may the meat that she eats. I haven't researched this fully myself, but my mother is a firm believer in natural healing/health. She has read that the hormones injected into animals to accelerate growth often leads to pre-mature puberty in humans. Ask you local health food or try the farmers market for local animals that are not fed growth hormones or other intense drugs. Hope this helps!!

It may the meat that she eats. The hormones injected into animals (and thus most meat at the grocery stores) to accelerate growth often have the same effect in humans and leads to pre-mature puberty. Ask you local health food or try the farmers market for local animals that are not fed growth hormones or other intense drugs. Hope this helps!!

Hi there, I don't think that the depo shot is to blame for it although it is really difficult to determine what caused it. I wouldn't necessarily rule it out but I would consider it highly improbable. Have you done any research on it at all?

sinister fairy wrote:

Did you ever find anything out about wether the depo provera shot caused it or not? I am just curious because my son is 12 years old and I was taking the depo provera shot, and I still got pregnant. A couple of months before his 9th birthday, he was diagnosed with a rare bone disorder called Fibrous Dysplasia. There is no known cause for it, the only thing that they can really tell me about a cause for it is that there was a gene that mutated as he was growing inside my belly. He is my 3rd child, the others are quite healthy, they all have the same father (my ex husband), the only thing that was different about my pregnancy with him was that I was using the shot as birth control..(as well as using condoms, we didn't want more than two kids...of course we are happy that it didn't work..he is a blessing), and I became pregnant..when the condom broke, (he was meant to be let me tell you, because that was the only time that it broke), after I became pregnant, I got depressed and the dr.s put me on paxil, which they assured me would be completely ok with being pregnant and all. I am really wanting to know what may have caused this and I am not willing to accept that it was just a mutated gene for no apparent reason, until I have completely went through every single thing that could have caused it. My goal is to find out what caused it and if it was due to either of those 2 drugs, then I want to make sure that they make sure that it doesn't happen to any other person. My son has ADHD and with constantly having so many dr appts, it sucks. Let alone the surgeries and tests and the infusions that he has to have. So if anyone would like to get ahold of me with any kind of info...send me an email at

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use