On february 6th I started a medicated abortion at planned parenthood. Then a week later I went for my follow up appointment on february 14th. Everything was fine, and they injected me with my choice of birth control, depo provera, that day. Well of course it was Valentines day, and the physician said it was okay to have sex again. I wasn't intending on it but me and my boyfriend ended up having sex that day without a condom, and he accidently came inside of me... :$ I feel so stupid because my physcian didn't tell me how long it would take for the depo provera to take effect, and I forgot to ask because of my nervousness. My question is that if it was possible I was ovulating and that I could get pregnant again? %-)

If you start DEPO within 7-10 days of an abortion, it is effective immediately.

You would most likely have NOT ovulated that soon after after an abortion.

i have the same problem also

i had an abortion and 8days after the abortion my doctor inject the birth control DEPO, 2weeks after that i used TP KIT and it shows negative result. i presume that the birth control is working just fine, later that same week i had unprotected sex with my husband and later decide to check again with the pregnant test kit that i bought over the canter. The 1st one i used was just blank, and after 30mins it shows one line result which is negative but not very clear. so decide to buy another one and confirm the result. To my surprise, shows 2lines. Does this mean am pregnant again? or the DEPO does not work with my system? or that is still the result of last pregnancy i had? Pls, i need urgent reply. and any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..

i had an abortion and 8days after the abortion my doctor inject the birth control DEPO, 2weeks after that i used TP KIT and it shows negative result. i presume that the birth control is working just fine, later that same week i had unprotected sex with my husband and later decide to check again with the pregnant test kit that i bought over the canter. The 1st one i used was just blank, and after 30mins it shows one line result which is negative but not very clear. so decide to buy another one and confirm the result. To my surprise, shows 2lines. Does this mean am pregnant again? or the DEPO does not work with my system? or that is still the result of last pregnancy i had? in addition my period is also delay for 5days now. Pls, i need urgent reply. and any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..

olufunmi wrote:

Thanks..

After you have an abortion your hormones, from the pregnancy, will still be identified in pregnancy tests up to almost six weeks after the abortion. An Ultra sound might be the best option to find out.

I want to know if this affects my pregnancy. I took provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate) 10mg one tablet before bedtime for 10 days then one tablet three times a day for two days. I am 5 weeks pregnant. Please reply.  

i had an abortion. my doctor said it was easier to get pregnant again after the abortion.

i had an abortion at the end of august. i had sex before i got the depo shot in october. i was not given a pregnancy test so i assumed that the doctor could tell if i was or not from the pap smear that was given before i got the shot. but i feel weird sometimes. and im not sure if it in my head or reason for it. i havent taken a pt because i know that the pregnancy hormones can be in your body for a while after an abortion. i dont know what i should do

Just wondering if you had a new pregnancy or if the test was hormones from the other one? I am in a similar situation.

hello could u possible email me i have some question .

I got the shot on the day i took my abortion pills. I've had sex two weeks after, am I still save? I am also confused, as i am still having my period, it's been almost 8 weeks now. Is this normal?