Due to, um, privacy complications, I have had to go off the pill.

I've been looking for other options. Has anyone ever used Depo-Provera? I hear both good and bad... there's a whole website dedicated to the bad... sadly...

Anyone?

Let me know!

Cheers

yes i'm on the shot i had dry sex with my boyfriend what could happen?????

I started having the depo injection for privacy reasons and it's been fine for me. I've been on it for two and a half months now, the only side effect i've had is three weeks of light spotting but i've been told this is normal as i've only been on it a couple of months.
It's great as no-one can find out i'm using it but I am still undecided whether to get it again as i'm worried about the long term problems like delayed fertility.
Hope this helps!

Yes i'm on the shot now... i don't have dry sex... and i haven't gained weight. my doc. said my chest might get sore, but it hasn't. i still have my period, but i don't have the pain of having one anymore. The thing wit the bad website is that the shot reacts differently to everyone cuz everyones body is not the same... i have had only one period in the first 3 months i've been on it and i get my next shot next month... i was in some pain after the shot but it wasn't bad. i knew that it was just my body getting used to having that shot in my system. right now i have no pain at all. but how i said before everyone is different.

Don't look for answers on the net. They are sometimes a load of rubbish and I know when I have been searching for answers I think people over exaggerate! There are heaps of negative blogs about the depo. I have been on it for 10 years and have had no compliants. Now coming off to try for a baby - and gee you should check out the negative answers there. Everyone is different. Try it out and see how you feel.