Hi! My grandmother is 53 years old and has arthritis. She takes cataflam against pain and inflammation. Some time ago she started telling us that her tablets are missing. She thinks someone is taking them. I have a younger brother who is a teenager. When I asked him if he knows anything about grandma missing medicine, he yelled at me, slammed the door and went out with his friends. Is it possible that he is taking Cataflam? I mean, is it possible to get a high of cataflam?

Hi! Cataflam is one of NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs). It reduces hormones that cause inflammation and decreases pain. It is often used in treatment of spondylitis and arthritis. I have never heard that someone used cataflam in order to get a high off. You said that your brother is a teenager; well, teenagers usually yell and slam the door, so this is not the proof the he is using some psychoactive substances. You should talk to your grandmother; see how many tablets she has and then pay more attention to her. Is she taking any other medicine in combination with cataflam? Maybe she has some problems and this is the way to ask for more attention. Also, you have to improve your relation with your brother. He could be very sensitive and he needs attention too.

cataflam does actually get you hig

No, it doesn't. I can tell you first hand as someone who needs to take Vicodin in its lowest form it does not get you high. Anyone who takes meds for a recreational high is screwing it up for those of us who really need it. New regulations have made it much more difficult for us who do need it to get it, thanks to the thrill junkies.

Being an addict is a disease just like arthritis. I suffer from both an addiction to get high @ND the desire just to function on a "normal" level. Don't just blame the junkies as u so crudely put it, blame the bad doc that didn't care enough about thier patients there's always a two way street to everything.

I've taken cataflam off and on for arthritis and it helps the pain, makes me sleepy but no high, not ever. That's not what I want -- just pain relief.