For the most part I get on with mine pretty good, but I think sometimes they see me as competition for the First Born's attention. He gets a guilt trip extraordinaire if we don't go over for visits enough. And they nearly always call on Thursday night when my family comes over for dinner.

I get along very well with them. No problems at all.

Sister in laws - great. :)

Parent in laws - never met them. :(

Ha, Ha, Ha!! My MIL refused to come to our wedding so it was my FIL, BIL, and my sister. MIL locked my wife out of her house on the eve of our wedding. When our first child was born she monopolized the visitor rules at the hospital so I couldn't get in to see my wife most of the time. When he was born somehow they called her before they called me so she called everyone we knew to announce it, even my racing partners wife whom she didn't even know. So I didn't get to tell anyone about the birth, well except for the Marine guard at the gate where I worked.

She refused to baby sit for us until my parents came here from 1500 miles away to visit. My mother couldn't get enough of the babysitting while she was here and MIL tried to get the job away from her but we said NO!!! because she will only be here for a few weeks and YOU  had a whole year to do it but refused. After that she would babysit and even allowed us into her house to visit. But to show her dislike for me she would make us drinks then sit next to where I was sitting and drop her cigarette ashes into mine. 

I think it may have started when I first met her at their farm. I went there to fix the TV. Most farms had three entrances. The unused front door, the dirty boots back door in the shed from the barn and the middle door facing the driveway where most people entered. So I went to the middle door and she made a big scene about getting the door open because "they never use that door" and proceeded to give me a ration of sh*t for coming to the wrong door. I interrupted her with "lady do you want your TV fixed or not?" I was ready to go on to my next customer. However when I started dating her daughter she was happy as a clam until we decided to get married.

All the in-laws are taking dirt naps now so it doesn't matter any more.

It's taken ten years for both parties to grow up, but now they know I'm not going anywhere and my first priority is my son-their only grandchild thus far. (They think I'm a bit on the liberal side) We had a horrible time getting along for the first ten years.

Anyhow, now they are some of my closest friends. We get along great and have asked them to take Colin for us should the unthinkable happen.

They raised a great man (mr. aire), I know they would raise my son really well, too.

Now we're trying to plan a family vacation together this summer. Woohoo!

just fine thanks.

M-I-L can be annoying, but I get along with her.

MIL&FIL - couldn't ask for better

certain SIL&BIL and their 5 children

rest of in-laws - fine

HEART them. Get along with my them better than my own family.

Don't care much for one SIL (BIL's wife), though. She's kinda nuts.

both have died :(

I was like a second son to them.

I loved them both dearly

My dad in law taught me more about home repairs in 3 year
then I learned in my previous years

Mom in law was a great great lady.

get along fine with my inlaws.

can't say the same about the wife lately

Tracy's folks are great. Her dad is Mr. Fix-it and is always around to help out. Her mom is neat-o too.

get along fine with my inlaws. can't say the same about the wife lately

Amen to that.... MIL was always nice. FIL is a big jerk. SIL's okay, two BIL's fine and get along great, one BIL has major alcohol issues and I rarely saw him.

I enjoy my 3 SIL company.

We have rarely seen my MIL & FIL in the past 3 years or so. That's how my husband prefers it. When we do it's mostly pleasant for me but husband find it intolerable (lots o'baggage).

FIL is an alchoholic. I feel as I don't know him. He was sober for about 1.5 and was such a nice man. Now he's a shadow.

Only have a MIL and easy to get along with someone when their short-term memory is gone.

I get along great with mine. We actually live in an in-law apartment in their house. So we're real close-literally. I couldn't ask for a better relationship!