admitting you don't like a christmas gift?

Our first x-mas together (just dating) keith went out and bought me a really nice watch. Before x-mas however we were sitting around and he looks at my current watch and says: "Boy you need a new watch! That one is sure getting old!"

Me:
Heck NO! This is my favorite watch! I've had it for years and I absolutely can not do without my indiglow!! I have no desire to get a new one.

Him:
:umno: Oh.

I felt like a real ass when I opened up my gift.

not tricked but i have been this year

last month robin says i really could use a hard shell brief case for work
so i order one

she goes and finds one she likes, now i have to take the one back
and us mins are supposed to listen to the wimmins
i did

I got my wife some pastel pens one year. I really thought she would like them. :(

I happen to have some if you can't find any. I hear they are one hot item!

A buddy of mine made a very grave Christmas mistake about 5 yrs ago. He bought his wife a vibrator as a gift. What possessed him to do so is beyond me. Anyways, come Christmas morning, they are opening gifts under the tree with their 6 or 7 yr old son and mom opens that particular gift. To say the least she was appalled. She turned and looked at my buddy and says in a very non-merry way "What the f*** kind of Christmas gift is this?" and she's not an f word person. Her son handed her another package to open and my buddy mentions "uh you may not want to open that one" but she opens it anyways and it was a 4 pack of "D" cell batteries...... I laughed until I cried when he told this story.

:LOL:
My grandmother, god bless her heart, bought me big fuzzy angora pastel sweaters for years and years. One was a particularly hideous pastel pink (it's fine if you are the more "girly" type; I am not a pastel type person). It went straight to the Salvation Army thrift store. When my former MIL came to visit, the airlines sent her luggage to Belgium (too bad they didn't send her as well) and she needed some clothes for a few days. While I was at work, she apparently went shopping at the same thrift store where I had dropped off the sweater, because she bought it and proceeded to wear it at Christmas dinner, where same grandmother who had originally gifted it was in attendance. Thank god she didn't recognize it...

Reminds of that classic scene from Parenthood... little girl: Mommy! Mommy! What was that thing? Mom: It was uhhh....an ear cleaner. little girl: it sure was big! grandma: it sure was!

I can't believe he wrapped it and put it under the tree. I think it would have been more appropriate to make it a stocking stuffer.

:LOL: Diet Coke spray on this one.

:LOL: Dannon Water here.
looking on the bright side, at least she wouldn't be needing his a$$ after she kicked it out the door and changed the locks.
cue the foghorn--- LOOOOOOOOO--ZER.