Hello! I have heard that weather can affect the severity of gout attacks. My grandmother is suffering from gouty arthritis and she claims that she is able to predict weather changes because when weather will be changed she feels pains. I want to ask you if this is true or not. Thank you in advance!

Hello! From many people who suffer from various forms of arthritis (including gouty arthritis) you will be able to hear that they can predict weather. Hypothesis is that barometric pressure and humidity affects to the severity of gout attacks, but fir this claim does not exist any actual scientific evidence.

Hello there kaitlynn1988,

I have heard about this and I am not that big believer but most of the time my grandmother predicts time just perfectly. Unfortunately she is suffering from gout attacks.

I remember one day when we were planning to go hiking that she has warned us that the weather is going to change but we didn’t believe in her prognosis based on the pain caused by the gout attack.

Unfortunately as it turns out she had right and we came back home wet. It was pretty big storm and I have learned from that time to believe when my grandmother says that the weather is going to change although there are no scientific evidence about this.

i looked here to answer the question....your grand mother is right on...and does she have psoriasis ????