I've been reading all of the posts and now I am even more scared to have this surgery!!! o.O I have significant disc degeneration at 5/6 with some at 4/5. I have had mostly neck pain on the left side with the pain traveling up the base and side of my head and then across my shoulder to the top of my arm. I have slight numbness in the tips of my middle and ring finger on my left hand. I have done epidurals (nothing) and facet blocks (worked when 4/5, 5/6 & 6/7 were done at once) and my surgeon has put it in my hands whether I should have surgery. Since I present with mostly neck pain symptoms, he says I have an 80% chance of pain relief with the surgery. I have had pain now (progressing) for close to 3 years. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who had mostly neck pain and had the surgery to see what your experience was. thanks!

Hey now a days these types of problems is going to be increased . Onw of my friend also have done surgery for spine and for neck pain but right now he is not feel well. So as per my advise anybody who is suffering from these types of problems can take treatment of physiotherapy. Then only he can go through surgery process .