I have a question. My cousin will probably have cervical radiculopthy and I would like to know what is the cause to this procedure. Thank you very much!

Cause for cervical radiculopthy is pressure on nerve roots in the neck. He most common causes are herniated cervical disk, spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease.
To start at the beginning, with herniated cervical disk the outer layer of the disk cracks and nucleus (the gel in the center) leaks out, breaks through, however you wanna put it. Because of that disk protrudes and this is the reason for pressure on the nerve, which initiates the pain. As said before, pressure on the nerve is the reason for cervical radiculopthy.
Second, spinal stenosis occurs when space in the center of the vertebrae narrow and squeezes the spinal column and nerve roots. This again, puts the pressure on nerves, the reason is cervical radiculopthy.
Third, with aging the water content in body cells diminishes and other chemicals occur. These chemicals cause the disk to shrink (degenerative disk disease). Consequence is pressure of vertebrae against each other and pinching the nerve, which forms bony spurs.

I have cervical radiculopathy due to 2 herniated disks, spinal stenosis, and degenerative disk disease. I have had the anterior cervical fusion, at the C5-C6 level, which is where I continue to have the most amount of painmy surgery was 6 months ago). I am currently taking 6 different medications, two of them are Opana, and Opana ER. I have built a tolerance for just about every narcotic there is, including Oxycontin, Percocet and many others. I have only been on the Opana a couple of weeks but I can't seem to sleep. I am taking Lunesta, but still have a very restless sleep. My doctor has just released me with many restrictions (this is a work. comp. case) and gave me a MMI rating of 12. I have been sittting at my desk now for about 30 minutes and I am in alot of pain and cannot take any more medication for 2 more hours. I do not know what to do, are there alternative medications, treatments? I have had facet eblations, trigger points, botox, epidurals, all of it, nothing is working. HELP!!!!!!!

does this mean thatyouhad surgery and it didnt work? yikes. Sorry for all the pain your in. My boyfriend takes percocet but the doctors are hesitant to prescribe even that or anything else. not too happy with them at this point.

I have developed a weakness in my left arm whe n raising it up for a period of time it gets weak adn tired. My docor says taht it is coming from the neck and says that I have an unstaable cervical spine and that they want to fuse 4 levels. I had 2 surgeries on my lower back several years ago and the pain I have now is ten times what I had before surgery. I am afraid of all this surgery and am wondering if I don't have it and develop more deficits will they develop slowly or will they come on quickly. .Are there anty alternitives and if I do h ave the surgery is it a difficult opelration to go through or is it fairly easy???
Tired and beat