5 Weeks ago I had an colon resection about 15". Accorgind to my surgeon 2 lymph nodes were effected by cancer and I was referred to Oncology Clinic in the begining of Feb. I am sure that oncologist will try to convince me to take chemotherapy treatment with all those extremely painful side effects. I would like to talk to someone who is or was in similar situation as mine. I am 72 years old and before operation I was entire my life a very healthy person, never smoking, no drinking, never fatty food, a very active life.

I am 68. And having chemo have had 5 treatments, have not lost my hair and have not gotten sick. Everyone is different also new drugs on the markets. These drugs are different than some our friends had years ago. So not always painful side effects. Check out your options.

Hi Gayle, I wonder what kind of chemotherapy are you having and what cancer has been diagnosed. I am on Xeloda /capecitabine / -3600 mlg a day for 2 weeks and 1 week off the pills. I have completd right now the first cycle taking 3300 mlg. a day. The dose has been increased due / I think / to my weight gain and no significant side effects.

I worry, that my dose will be increased again untill I start to suffer a high degree of side effects