I really need to talk to someone who knows more about this or who had an experience with it. My aunt is under the chemotherapy and she has really bad side - effects. She is really bad all the time and yes, I am aware that this happens, but I want to make this a little bit easier to her, to "kill" those side - effects a little bit. One good lady in the hospital told me that drinking kefir can reduce the side -effects. Is this true? Does drinking kefir really reduce the side effects of chemotherapy? Let me know what do you think about this? 

I am sorry to hear this :(

Well, it can be a relief, but unfortunately, you can't expect to relieve the pain totally or to do some miracle. But yes, it is true that a good bug from probiotics can ease side-effects of the chemo, but I think that you should learn how to use kefir grains to make kefir at home because it is much safer and I believe that it has more good effects and positive effects than those that you buy. 

Try it, I really hope that your aunt will be better, with less pain. Good luck! 

Celebrity

I think that you should take probiotics during and after a cancer fight. 

I was reading some research about this and it was explained really good. We are aware that we don’t completely understand how our gut bacteria make chemotherapy work better, but it seems that it does. In one study it is found that chemotherapy causes our gut to become leaky. It seems that these bacteria stimulate our immune system and enhance the body’s ability to fight cancer much easier with a less pain. I don't know how true this is, but it is worth trying. Remember, kefir didn't make a problem for anyone. It can only ease the pain. 

It is powerful beverage. Sometimes, when you have really serious health issues, it is like a magic that chase away those nauseas, pain from the chemo, etc. My aunt was using it all the time. Her good friend told her that can reduce this pain, which is the most common side - effect when you drink it, so she listened to her. She started to drink it and she told me that she is feeling better, like she feels some relief after drinking it. I need to admit that I was skeptical in the beginning, because it was hard for me to believe that something like this actually an help, but it can, obviously.But it has to be the homemade.

I've heard so as well.

I was reading more about this and a lot of articles actually say that kefir promotes a quality life during a chemotherapy.

I would recommend everyone to try it, because there is nothing you can lose about this. If this can make you feel better, if it can ease your condition, it is a good thing that you can do.

Generally, I think that every doctor will consider a probiotics during the chemotherapy, even after it because it is good to consume some of those. I think that kefir is the healthier one. I believe that it can help.

Is this really truth? I mean, doctor was telling me something about this, that during my chemotherapy I can drink more kefir than usually or drink it in the first place as well, but I don't remember that he explained to me why is good to drink kefir. I have to confess that I have really huge headaches and I am feeling nauseous and I am in the beginning of the chemotherapy. I do understand that this is normal and I really do have a great support from my family and my doctors as well, but I really need some other help to get me through this. I will ask him about the kefir one more time. Thank you guys!

It actually can help a lot, my mom's friend told me that it has a relief effects on this pain and nauseas that is very common during and even after the chemotherapy. Kefir also can maintain your life in better quality, I even heard that it is better to start drinking it before you start with the treatment and chemotherapy as well, since you will get over it way better and you are going to be spending your chemo-days with less pain. So, for all of those who haven't started the chemotherapy yet, you should try drinking kefir before you do. I am sure that this will help you going through this hard process better.