have you heard of treating lyme disease with the type of chemotherapy often used for treatment of breast cancer? Woud you consider the possibility given one anecdotal success?

I have a friend just diagnosed with breast cancer who also has lyme disease and they are recommending chemo. I wanted to know if you ever received any replies to your questions about the success and/or the negative effects from this such treatment?

I have Chronic Lyme (Dr J says probably for over 30 yrs) and was diagnosed with Stage III Ovarian Cancer Nov 2010.  I stopped all my antibiotics and Lyme treatments to concentrate on fighting the cancer.  I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy and went through 14 infusions of Taxol, Carboplatin and Cisplatin.  The chemo made me feel horrible.  Aches, bone pain, joint pain, muscle pain.  I couldn't tell if it was the chemo making me feel so bad or the LD.  My last chemo treatment was in the middle of April.  About the beginning of June I started having REALLY bad pain (felt like the Lyme pain) but even worse.  They also used steroids with every chemo treatment and I know that steroids and LD do not mix!  So what I'm thinking is that the Lyme Cells just went into hiding while going through the chemo but have now come back with a vengance!  I plan on calling my Lyme Doc and setting up an appointment to discuss what I should do. 

I had chronic LD with heart, nuerological, and joint symptoms for seven years. In 2006, I was diagnosed with mid stage breast cancer. I underwent the standard four month chemotherapy treatment along with a year-long clinical trial. My Lyme Disease symptoms, with the exception of arthritis, are gone - along with the cancer. Chemo is a harsh, difficult thing to endure, and I wouldn't recommend it for the treatment of chronic Lyme symptoms. I feel blessed that my LD symptoms were irradicated, though, and see it as an added bonus from the chemo treatments that I received.

Guest wrote:

no what i was looking for was the outcome wof using chemotherapy for the treatment of lymes, and if it had helped

Coveyk, Hope you continue on your road to feeling better, and beating LD and Cancer. I am really interested in knowing if your LD is completely gone? Is the arthritis still an issue? Thanks, Jose.

I am not a doctor but rather a cancer and Lyme patient as well.  I never accepted radiation and chemo 7 years ago after a lumpectomy and now my lymph glands are swollen so it may have recurred.     I am very reluctant to try radiation because my mother also had cancer but died from a horrible type of cancer called angiosarcoma.

I also received my polio shots in the early 60's so there's a good chance I was given the SV40 live monkey viruses that changed the DNA of all of those who received the live version (millions and millions) and would bring about cancers in many of these people later in life as well as in their generations.   Oh yes, and these viruses also caused pituitary tumours which about 20% of the people have today.  I already have a macro adenoma too, and recently developed hemangiomas in the spine which I understand can sometimes develop into angiosarcoma later.

I once read a study by Dr. Carbone and someone else (scientists) that was extremely intriguing.  It stated that many of the people who had these shots had serious immune damage so chemo might just kill them faster because their healthier cells wouldn't be able to tolerate the die off that often comes with destroying also the cancerous cells.

I also had HPV signs, but this was not detected on the colposcopy.   Refused to go back for a second of these types of diseases.

After doing a lot of research, I discovered that many Lyme patients with coinfections such as HPV and numerous other diseases also had damaged P53 genes, which would prevent apoptosis (cancer shrinkage), so once again chemo could be useless and could even kill such people.

I hope to find out myself, before undergoing any type of treatment in the near future, whetehr or not my own P53 genes are damaged.   If this is the case, I would believe that the best option is to work on improving the immune system and spending most money on the types of pills that might enhance health rather than getting chemo or radiation.   MY mother never took chemo but the radiation burnt her body and badly deformed her spine and she needed a flap and a heart stent, so this can be really dangerous also, espicially with Fukuhima leaking 3000 tons or so (I believe) into the oceans every single day and the news media remaining totally mum on the topic, which is generally grave warning.   I understand many babies on the West coast USA are already being born deformed from the effects of it -- a very much higher number than usual.

So again, I myself prefer, if possible, to just remain as healthy as I can, and most of all, avoid sugar as much as possible!   Also get constant parasite cleanses, since cancer is strongly believed by most to be caused by parasites and/or fungus.  (It's always white).

That means also "No more wheat products".   Can only eat certain types of breads, and should also take pills to get rid of any form of yeast in the body.   Sugar and yeast together are especially deadly in your body.  Do you ever watch them when you make bread?

Sugar is put into your lymph nodes to detect cancer, because it loves sugar so much that cells will run to the spot.

So something tells me that more cancer patients could cure themselves by going to a low meat diet also (too much protein is hard on the body and invites parasites), and they should also go on mostly a vegetarian diet with almost no breads, cakes, candies,and also pretty well avoid sugar as much as possible.

It's not fun, I know, but neither is death.

My feeling is that since I have the large pituitary tumour also (and many of those who received the live SV40 polio shot (40 different live monkey viruses) also had this virus in their tumours, as did many types of cancer patients (which was how they found out the shot was responsible i the first place), that I may indeed be infected with this and possibly also have the damaged genes.  

To make matters worse, I was sprayed in Canada for many years by Agents orange, white and purple, (which the Cdn government feels was harmless) so my best outlook I think is that I can do nothing to prevent the diseases but may be able to stall them a few years by this type of diet.   Also, be sure to avoid fructosse (fruit juices) since that type of sugar is even more dangerous than regular sugar.

Don't know what this article is worth.  Just my 2 cents worth that I hope someone can benefit by.

Chemotherapy is that the use of medicines or medication to treat cancer. The thought of getting therapy frightens many folks. However knowing what therapy is, however it works, and what to expect will usually facilitate calm your fears. It also can provide you with a higher sense of management over your cancer treatment.

Thanks,

Jenny Brown

Yes, I've heard that before and you should undergo chemotherapy.

Very valuable information.

hello to guest:

To the person who had lyme and ov. cancer:

I had the same experience, with very bad pain after chemo , perhaps from the white blood cell booster? but did not attribute it to lyme until recently, when I mentioned it to my new lyme specialist.   I want to encourage you if you are still having the problem, because my pain went away; it took awhile but faded gradually and is now completely gone.   Hang in there.

Hello Covic, May I ask which chemotherapy you got? I have chronicle Lyme disease and last week I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I really doubt about chemotherapy because of the LD and now I read from yourmessage that maybe it can also help against Ld. Thanks for your reply, Jola

Prior to breast cancer, I was very ill with lyme that I had lived with for over 30 years. I felt so much better after chemo. ... better than I had felt in years. It's been two years and I'm starting to feel bad again. Looking for a clinical trial with a "chemo-type medicine".

Thank you for this well-written post. I have similar issues. I feel chemo will most likely kill me. I am choosing to boost my immune system with an arsenal of benefits. Hoping that I will control my issues with a strong immune system.