Hello, folks. My father has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and now his oncologist is considering which type of therapy will suite best. I think that we will be dealing with chemotherapy. I would like to get some info on this. Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate it.

Hi. Like with any other cancer, the treatment can be surgery, radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Usually, if the cancer is limited on certain area, surgery is an option. This usually goes for early cancers. However, chemotherapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells. This usually means that cancer is not quite operable and cannot be removed completely. Sometimes it is used several of these drugs through certain regimes. They have side effects, so be prepared for them. Consult a doctor for more details. I hope everything will be all right as possible.