Hi, folks. My brother has some problems with his immune system and he has been recently diagnosed with nocardiosis. He was recommended to try with minocycline. I haven’t heard about this drug before, so I would like to hear something more about it. If you have any info, please, share it with me.

Hi, there. The first drugs of choice for treating nocardiosis are sulfonamides. However, minocycline can also be used. It belongs to a group of antibiotics called tetracycline. It can be administrated systematically. You haven’t mentioned which form of nocardiosis your brother has. I hear that monocycline is excellent for skin nocardiosis. I hope everything will be fine. Good luck to him! Bye!

Hello. I agree with the previous post. Usually sulfonamides are administrated first. Minocycline is excellent for subcutaneous abscesses. I guess your brother has this form of disease since he is getting this drug. My nephew had skin nocardiosis. He was also recommended this drug. I hope this drug will help him. Good luck! Bye!