Hi all. Ever since my car accident 2 years ago I’ve had a pain problems. I constantly feel moderate to severe pain in my lower back and left arm. I used to have extremely healthy life and I’m not fond of meds of any kind. Also, when I’m forced to use them, I try to take only the least toxic ones. Anyway, I know for few very god (but also very strong and toxic) painkillers that can help me, but I’m trying to find few more that are less strong but still can be used for moderate pain. Is Hydrocodone one such?? Is this drug addictive?? Thanks for repiles.

Hydrocodone is an effective antitussive (anti-cough) agent, and as an opiate it is also an effective analgesic for mild to moderate pain control. It is considered that a dose of 15 mg of hydrocodone is equivalent to 10 mg of morphine. Hydrocodone has diferent trade names like Anexsia, Hycodan, Hycomine, Lorcet, Lortab, Tussionex, Tylox, Vicodin, and Vicoprofen. These are available as tablets, capsules, and/or syrups. There is a potential for development of psychological dependence (addiction) so hydrocodone should be taken only as prescribed and handled with the high degree of caution.