Hi. I suffer from fatigue and many other symptoms, headaches, fever, muscle weakness… Sometimes I feel a sharp pain in my chest (I smoke). My doctor told me that I got chronic fatigue syndrome, but I asked for a second opinion and the other doctor thinks I might have systemic lupus erythematosus?! I fear that my diagnosis of CFS was a misdiagnosis. Any thoughts on that?

Hi. Chronic fatigue syndrome misdiagnosis is possible. There are some medical conditions that might be misdiagnoses, or alternative conditions relevant to diagnosis. Maybe your doctor has already considered these alternate diagnoses of chronic fatigue syndrome? Or they need to be considered. Symptoms of CFS are similar to symptoms of some common viral infections. So, you may have lupus, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, lyme disease, anemia… Anyway, must say that chest pain is not one of the symptoms of CFS. Joint pain yes, but chest pain – no.

All of the symptoms listed in the first post could be caused by hormonal problems. I am 27 and my hormones are pretty much doing the exact same thing to me. Read a book called It's my Ovaries, Stupid!

You didn't say how long you've suffered with this? How long have you seen this Dr. for this and has he given you test and/or lab work? I DO have this and can tell you that the pain in you're chest typically is NOT CFS. I look forward to seeing your comments.

hello, i suffer from cfs also and im young. i get all the symptoms you said apart from sharp pains, fever(but everi1s different0. perhaps you have this because you smoke. ask youself when did it start when you started smoking perhaps? i suggest going to a specialist.!!!! xx