I m nearly 40 suffered alone with this condition - the only description I call it is chronic fatigue. Only recently I got the G.P to refer me to the Chronic Fatigue service in Leeds, U.K for assessment but the shrink reckons I don’t have C.F.S/M.E. I didn’t think I did, as the precursor seems to be normal health - viral infection - C.F.S/M.E. My symptoms have been with me for as far back as I can remember into childhood: Chronic Fatigue, Memory, poor concentration, lack of energy for exercise, and over the years total lack of sex drive, chronic weight gain and joint and muscle problems. With this is the usual barrage of physiological problems that go with these symptoms. It’s having to cope with the long periods of unemployment, lack of social skills and friends and a partner which doesn’t make me anamoured of life at all. All you get from the medical profession is "we doctors don’t have all the answers" which seems to me to be a cop out!!!. Is anyone else out there suffering similarly that could throw some light on my predicament?.

This is really chronic fatigue and I suggest you to use B12 patch. All the problems you just told now will be solved with the patch. Just go through Internet to find out more about this patch. I think it’s *****. The symptoms show that you have deficiency of B12 for sure. The Vitamin B-12 Patch is a revolutionary product developed to supply the body with vitamin B12 needed for. You can look for more information at their site.
Get well soon.

hi sounds very much like you have cfs/me b12 might help but i wouldnt hold your breath i have had it 12 years and lead a very very active life prior to contracting it what you have to do is learn to live within it not look for cures that dont exist some people find it goes after a few years others seem to be stuck with it long term try searching to see if theres a local support group near by to you or contact the me association they have a web site and im sure they can put you in contact with others in same position :-)

I have heard stories about people who have had success with vitamin C injections.

My niece had mono and they took her to a doctor who gives these injections and she was over it in a weekend. Normally mono takes weeks to runs its course.

The thing is you apparently cannot ingest enough vitamin C to get enough to take on the virus--you would hit bowel tolerance (and get diarrhea), long before you got enough vitamin C to do the trick. The shots bypass the gastro-intestinal system and apparently don't result in diarrhea--or at least I never heard of diarrhea as being a result of these shots.

I knew that vitamin C was good for mono, and by the way for a whole lot of other viral infections, but recently someone told me that his friend--an elderly fellow with CFS--has been getting these shots and is recovering. I would look into it. One thing about vitamin C is that if they give you too much you will flush it out of your system. Not like a drug that can be toxic and end up in your liver causing problems there.

I am sorry, I thought you said you had CFS, and the others seemed to post that it had to be CFS, reinforcing my belief. But rereading I see that you have been tested and you tested negative.

I have a friend who her doctors thought she had chronic fatigue. She is in her 40s and has had health problems all her life, muscle pain etc. She even went to the Stanford Pain Clinic for a week to see if that would help. It helped a little--as these kinds of things often do--but it didn't get rid of the fatigue.

She tested negative for chronic fatigue, however, baffling at least some of her doctors because she really did seem like your classic CFS person with muscle pain and extreme tiredness and the other symptoms. They finally settled on adrenal exhaustion. I'm not entirely convinced that it's all the doings of her adrenals, though I think they may play a role.

I tend to think it is a lot of different things in her case. Interestingly one of them may be these sweeteners that she used to use. I lived with her at one time so I know. She used a lot of them. I mean she baked with them, she sweetened her coffee with them. I can't remember the names of the brands, but I had already read at that time that they are bad news. I know one of them Aspartame I cannot eat at all because it gives me severe stomach cramps.

I always suspected that perhaps some of her health problems were due to using these pseudo sugars. I told her about how a lot of these fake sugars were implicated in various illness and suggested that she try stevia, but she wasn't receptive at the time. She was more likely to go get a prescription drug than try an herb. That was several years ago. So I said nothing more because I don't like to be a person who nags others.

Independently, over the course of several years she has become more receptive to alternative treatments--primarily because the doctors weren't helping her to get better. She apparently read something recently that these kind of sweeteners can cause fatigue and she mentioned it to me the other day. And oddly I had just read something about it myself because I too have menopause related fatigue and sleep problems and I am always searching for things that can help me be less tired and things that I have to watch out for and avoid. I never ate any of these sweeteners, but I certainly want to be informed so that I can avoid them.

But what strikes me is that this daily small dose of what might seem an innocuous substance could have caused or contributed to her disease. We'll find out as she has only recently gone off of them. I have no personal investment in being right about these sweeteners. I want what's best for her--to get well. If I helped steer her towards a solution, great. If I am wrong I will be ever the more vigilant in trying to find something that will help her.

I am in no way suggesting that you are eating these sweeteners and that this is the cause of your fatigue. I have a different point to make in telling you this story. For her it may be that the daily use of these sweeteners was the underlying cause. But for you it may be something different, but one thing I have noticed in my 50 years is often that when it comes to an acute illness (one that comes on suddenly) look for something dramatic like a sudden huge exposure to something. If it is chronic look for the familiar and subtle--the daily practices that we overlook when we look for a cause.

One of the things allergists look at is the favorite food. Almost always it is the favorite food that causes the allergy. I have personal experience with this. For years I had dark circles under my eyes. No amount of sleep helped me. Constantly dark. I also suffered from sinusitis and the dark circles got worse as my symptoms got worse. I found something that helped the sinusitis--eating pineapple (because of bromelain) and that made the sinusitis go away. But the dark circles were still there. So I wondered what it was I was doing that made me have these. I began to look at one of my favorite foods eggs as the culprit. I had actually discovered this quite by accident. I ran out of eggs and didn't buy any for several weeks for a reason I can't remember and my dark circles got lighter and the light bulb in my brain lit up. Of course! Eggs! I tended to eat about three eggs every other day and had been doing this for years. And because I never had any obvious symptoms of an allergy, I never suspected them. I got off eggs and the dark circles diminished incredibly in the next few weeks and they are almost gone altogether.

I have another story. A friend of mine her daughter showed symptoms of autism and she was worried. She noticed her daughter loved wheat and chocolate and all she wanted to eat was these two foods: toast and chocolate milk. This woman was interested in health and she had read that people often crave the foods they are most allergic to. Against her daughter's wishes (her daughter was two and threw tantrums like crazy) she took her off chocolate and milk and the child recovered. I'm not saying that this is the cause of all autism, but in her daughter's case it was. Allergies can produce strange symptoms. For instance there is something called mauve factor that produces symptoms that often get diagnosed as schizophrenia. And it is caused by something in wheat, which some people are sensitive to. I wonder how many people are in mental institutions because of bread. Another person can eat bread every single day of their life and live long and healthy.

Another example. My brother has a vegetarian wife and she eats a lot of carbs and soy to get protein so after awhile he started eating a lot of soy, though at first he didn't. I had already determined that I cannot handle soy. My father can't either. But my brother didn't know this and he started eating it and after awhile--not right away--he started having joint pain. So bad in fact that he found it hard to get out of bed in the morning. One day we are talking on the phone and he mentions this and I had just read an article about the health problems that soy can cause--and there is a plethora of them--and I asked if he eats soy and he said yes. I told him about this and he went off soy and his joint pains resolved. Someone else can eat soy, no problem, but frankly I subscribe to Michael Pollen's view, (author of the Omnivore's Dilemma). If your grandmother wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it. She wouldn't probably wouldn't recognize kiwis though and I will happily eat one. I think he means processed foods. Though I think she would have recognized Crisco and I would not eat that.

But it doesn't have to be food that is the culprit. It can be subtle.

I recall a story years ago I think I read in Prevention Magazine before the soy advocates got to that magazine and corrupted it. It was about a family who had a dishwasher that had a leak. So the father decided to repair it himself. He used silicone sealant. Well not long after the family began to have all kinds of mysterious symptoms. I can't remember all of them, but I think headaches, joint and muscle aches and fatigue were among them. Apparently the hot water combined with the detergents was dissolving the silicone and coating their dishes. The upshot was is that they were getting daily doses of silicone sealant in their diet. They eventually discovered the cause and got a new dishwasher and got well.

I think you are probably getting my point here. Is that the cause of fatigue can be subtle and can be found in the causes that you might not actually think of looking at. The first thing I would do is to closely examine every product you use from foods to soaps and other chemicals that might be in your immediate environment. You can find out about what's in detergents or hair dyes or any non-food product by looking at the material data safety sheets for it. They can be found online. Usually you can search for MSDS with the product name and find what you are looking for.

It's amazing what can cause some people to be deathly ill while others can be fine with it. For instance, as part of my adventures in trying to discover what was causing sinusitis I noticed that Shout and ice cream both seemed to exacerbate it. I don't use many chemicals, but this one I used because I wanted to remove stains from my clothing. Of course, I read the label when I bought it and though it said it could be a skin and eye irritant I thought I was safe as long as I took precautions not to get it on my skin or in my eyes. There was no mention of nasty chemicals on the label so naively I thought I was okay, because wouldn't our government require the manufacturer to list anything that could be harmful? Besides it doesn't smell all that bad and we all know that if it smells okay it probably is okay. Right? Wrong. Antifreeze apparently smells and tastes sweet, but it is deadly. So I rationalized my way to the checkout stand. Eventually I noticed a correlation between severity of sinusitis and Shout. I went online and looked it up and it is full of all kinds of stuff that does more than just irritate eyes and skin.

The ice cream. Well ice cream manufacturers to keep ice crystals from forming put a type of antifreeze in it that has been known to CAUSE sinusitis in many people. There is tons of anecdotal evidence on the web about this. If it causes sinusitis in some it might very well cause fatigue in others. In fact many people with sinusitis often suffer extreme headaches and fatigue.

I am convinced that if every product sold in the US that if they put a list of what was in the product over the product on the store shelves in large letters our disease rate would go down because people would make the connection between their environment and their illness. I encourage you to look in this direction if you haven't already and really examine and look for the things that are in your environment and in your diet that could cause fatigue. It may not be the solution, but it could be a good start.

Same symptoms-Cleveland clinic diagnosed me w/CFS and Fibromyalgia-I cannot tolerate the meds prescribed-the side effects are worse than the problem so I basically am on my own w/no support structure, not unlike yourself-It is a slowly isolating disease that does lead to socio/emotional problems. I am currently attending counseling-it helps...alittle. Take a good multiple vitamin-super B complex-vit C and vit D-eat lots of fruits and veggies-as little processed food as possible-it does help...

No man just plain b12 didnt do c**p for me