Hi. I`m 19 and my sister was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. She`s always like tired and she rests a lot but with no effect. Her muscles are weak and sometimes she has a fever. I doubt that she has CFS, think that her doc is just guessing because she didn`t run through a single test and he said there`s no cure and then she was prescribed with some antidepressant drugs?! Will appreciate any help.

Hi. I suffer from CFS and know that a diagnosis must include confirmed symptoms and a variety of tests. There is no specific test for CFS, however, but you have some typical findings, seen in people diagnosed with that disease. These findings include higher levels of specific white blood cells, swelling in the brain, or destruction of some part of the nerve cells. Surely she did some tests that you don`t know about? So far, there is no effective treatment in curing CFS, only the symptoms are treated.

Hi my mother also has CFS. I am afraid I do to, but really I'm just asking others with this daignosis what they have been told or givin for treatment of theses symptoms maybe it will be something my mother has not tryed . Signed , Desperate