Hello guys. Did anyone of you have something to do with Chronic fatigue syndrome? Any type of experience (it doesn't matter is it your personal experience or experience of someone who is around you).

I was talking to good friend of mine who was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome a couple of days ago. He told me that he needs to react very quick about this because this syndrome is connected with depression "in so many ways". 

I couldn't help him because I don't know a lot about this, so maybe you do know something?

What is the connection between Chronic fatigue syndrome and depression?

Depression can cause chronic fatigue symptom but only while suffering from depression, once one treats depression this symptom should go away.

This is just one of the symptom of depression, I had chronic urge to vomit when I was suffering from depression, it was awful. You feel the urge to puke all the time and you try to puke but nothing comes out of your mouth and the worst part is that you can do nothing about this. This urge to vomit did not disappear until I completely got over my depression, the good thing is that it made me more decisive about fighting my depression.

Hey there. Ok, I now understand this a little bit more.

It was not so clear when he tried to explain this to me, obviously because I haven't had any touch with it at all. But according to way he talked I am pretty sure that I understand this totally differently. 

So, let me get this clear, this is basically it - something that you treat just like you treat ordinary depression? That means that you need to talk to psychiatrist and with him try to find the best cure for you, right?

Sorry for so many questions :)

Well kind of, but this person shouldn't talk to a psychiatrist, he should talk to a psychologist. Psychiatrists are for psychos, you know, and depressed people are simply having some problems with their thoughts so they don't need psychiatrists, they need psychologists.

There is plenty of useful info on the internet which your friend might find good for him. He can learn the best ways of coping with depression and the best ways to treat it. He can read everywhere that it would be best for him to seek professional help (psychologist) and I honestly hope that he is going to do this.

Guest has a point, mrs Sick and Tired.

But also you should know that there is no definite test or result that can actually prove or deny a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. Doctors usually make this diagnose after other causes of fatigue have been ruled out and symptoms that are present for a while. 

To understand do you have this diagnose or not, it is very important to observe the symptoms. Some of those symptoms are pain in your eyes, some memory problems, joint pain, sensuality, you have something like a fog in your brain, etc. Headache also can be caused by this syndrome. 

You cannot clinically diagnose it, no, but it should be very easy to notice if you are dealing with constant fatigue, I mean, you feel tired all the time and you don't have the will to do anything, there is nothing else you need to show you that you are dealing with fatigue.

Because of what depression does to you, it is normal that you can end up with fatigue of course. Not just fatigue, depression can cause so many bad things and this is why it is considered to be one of the hardest disorders out there to deal with.

Wrong! Psychiatrist are not for Psychos. Very ignorant statement! You need to research the difference between the two different professions.

Your statement is wrong as well, psychiatrists are for psychos but maybe not only for psychos. You go to them if your mental disorder is severe and you need some giant help in order to overcome it or at least cope with it. Psychologist is all another story, for some not so severe cases, at least this is what I think about all of this but I think that I am right. 

So I will stick to what I've said already, people who have to talk to a psychiatrist have some serious mental issues meaning that they are not quite normal.

OK, let's not fight about this issue at all, OK? I think that both of the statements are right and that you should consult both of them to see what exactly is your problem, right? I believe that everybody in here do understand the difference between those two professions, but I do believe that they can help you both - on the same way or totally different way. I remember that my friend once told me that both of those helped her and that she believed that only psychiatrist can help her. But she was wrong. So generally, my advice is that you should known on both doors to see who is going to open - if you understand what I mean.