Hello there! Can you please tell me which of over the counter drugs I can use against allergies? Can I use chlorotrimeton? Thx in advance!!!!

Yes, you can use chlorotrimeton, which belongs to a group of over the counter drugs called antihistamines. Another over the counter group of drugs for treating allergies is called decongestants. Antihistamines help relieve sneezing, itching and runny nose. They work best if you take them routinely during the allergy season. Most antihistamines cause few side effects. About one in five people do become drowsy, though, which affects mental alertness. Children may have nightmares and be nervous, restless and irritable. Decongestants come as topical eye and nose drops and sprays and as oral tablets and liquid. They narrow blood vessels and reduce blood flow in the affected area, which helps clear congestion and improve breathing. The topical products are applied to the surfaces of the nose or eyes. Oral products work systemically. They have a slower onset of action, but they usually last longer than many topical products. The nose drops and sprays should be used for no more than three days to avoid rebound swelling in the nose.