Users comments and reviews on article Cheilectomy by DannyElle

Foot surgery seems to have such a long recovery period more than other surgeries I've noticed. I am curious about this though just because I want to know how someone gets this condition in the first place. Can anyone out there with this enlighten me? Thanks!

I just had this procedure after about a year of putting it off. I would say that the pain I had prior to the post surgery pain was about the same and now after two weeks has deminished quite a bit. I played Raquetball the night before my surgery and i feel i will be back playing in a couple of weeks. i have been riding a bike and now have started light jogging. I am 33 and in pretty good shape. i am very pleased with getting it done.

just had foot surgery 2 days again would like to know how long is the recovery time? Had a cheilectomy r big toe.

I HAD THIS SURGER DONE 1 YEAR AGO TODAY. Im am in 10X more pain now than before. I wish I never had this done!!!!!!!!! I cannot wear any shoes...I have been wearing flip flops for a year. DONT DO IT!!!!!

In your article you state other treatments like injections. What injections would you mean? Also I just fail to see how a cheilectomy will stop the pain in my toe because I have no cartilage and therefore arthritis. I think the pain will still be there just increased mobility.