Users comments and reviews on article Pinguecula by DannyElle

What if you wanted this sort of thing removed? I know that it says that treatment is unnecessary but if I had something like it I would want to remove it for cosmetic reasons. Is that a possibility? I hope so because I imagine a lot of people would not want it as well. Thanks!

I have one, and it's unsightly. It ruins my day when it's truly inflamed. I'd love to get it removed, but with a recurrence rate of as much as 60%, it's hardly worth it. I hear the surgery can cost about 6 grand. I'm not about to throw that kind of money at a surgery that probably won't work. I can't believe that in 2009 there isn't a way to heal this thing with a better outlook!

If you go to the right eyedoctor there is a 1 % chance of recurrence. It is important to remove all of it too, if not all is gone there is a chance it´ll come back.

About the article it is not true that most people do not need to treat it. Most people have inflamed eyes or a feeling of something is the eyes or blink a lot or feel dry all the time....And also the cosmetic part of it it is not very cute and that causes other problems...

I am 25 years old and I just got diagnosed with this. I am really nervous about it getting bigger. My eye doctor told me that it is also starting in my other eye. I dont understand how it happened. It just sprang up about 2 months ago and now I am starting to have red eye around the yellowish area..I've never had a problem before with my eyes being red at all nor have I had any eye problems. My vision it great.

Also, do you think I should go to see another doctor just incase of misdiagnosis? I know that if you have some sort of medical problem that is unknown you can sometimes have symptoms in your eyes. Is that a possibility for this? It does seem like this is what I have due to the fact that it is yellowish spot and it is on the nose side of my eye but Im not outdoors all that much and when I am I wear sunglasses. I dont go to the tanning bed. I am in school right now to be a radiologic technologist. I am exposed to radiation, Im sort of wondering if that would be a possible cause. If anyone can answer my questions please let me know. Thanks.