I am on Day 17 after Taylor's Bunion surgery. There is relatively little swelling and I've been keeping my foot elevated as prescribed BUT it is still very painful and I need to continue with the pain medication. Is this normal?

When were you able to move your toe? I'm on day 17 after such a surgery now too, I don't have very much pain, but I can't stand on the foot at all. And I can't move my toe unless I use my finger to move it... When could you walk on your foot?

Hello, Im amanda Im 17 and i had taylors bunions on both my feet about a year ago.. Im sorry to say you will prolly never be able to mover your toe.. I cant.. And im still having awful pain. I went away But It can back. but my docor said it was caused from walkin on the taylor bunion i developed tumor in my nerves

Hey guys. Im 25, I had Bunion surgery last January. Its painful afterward for a while- I took my pain meds for about 4-5 weeks....obviously less and less each week. However, it is normal to still feel some pain and need the meds- thats why they give them to you! It took about 4 months untill I could wear a sneaker and about 6 months untill I could wear a real shoe. I never lost feeling in any of my toes so I'm not sure about that.

I did just have surgery yesterday on my left foot- it seems to be a little more painful than the last one...as far as I can remember. But I can move all my toes even just having it done yesterday.

So cthutch50 yes, you can take the pain meds as long as you need them!

I had a taylors bunion removed approx 7 weeks ago, My doctor used a pain pump. I wore it for two days after the surgery. It was awesome, I did not have to take hardly any oral medications. This was the third surgery I have had when a pain pump was used, I would definitly recommend it. I was able to wear a shoe pretty comfortably by about 4 weeks. I started with a loose sports shoe and then by 5 weeks I was able to wear a regular shoe, I was still having a small amount of swelling but things seemed to be going okay. Two days ago now 7 weeks out my incision has become inflammed and very sensitive to touch. I can no longer wear a shoe. I have been wearing flip flops because they seem to be the only thing that doesnt touch my incision. I am not sure what to do because I can not wear flip flops to work. Is this normal?
Has any one had a similar problem?