Users comments and reviews on article Tanning Techniques: Tanning Pills and Tanning Showers - Are they Safe? by Dana Fenton

What about spray tanning by a technician? This option is very healthy given the alternatives. The tan is topical and as such does not cause skin damage. Additionally, as it is applied by a human being who can see you, your blemishes, and problem areas, your tan is fully customizable to you. My spray tanning technician uses EnvyTan solutions when she tans me. I have stretch marks and it covers it up nicely without making the tan look unnatural. My tan is always even and lasts up to 8-10 days when I use Ambush (exfoliator) before my tan and Body Armor (tan extender) after my tan.

Some tanning products that are not yet approved by DFA are said to be not safe, but those products that passed to several tests done by DFA are proven to be harmless and safe to use.