After gaining a lot of weight, I knew it was time to slim down. So, I've slimed down about 20 pounds (I'm still not skinny, but much better than before), and I noticed I had some strech marks along my upper arm pit area, along the inner arm and near my "love handels". I really don't like them, altho the ones on my upper-inner arms aren't visible (only the indentations), there ones on my upper armpit are, and so are the ones on my love handles.

I was wondering if it's safe to get a spray on tan just to cover up the strech marks, so that I'm not as embaressed about them. Will it work?

I'm not an expert on spary on tans but I think it would make them worse, I don't think the tan would stay on the marks or would maybe be a different colour to the rest of your body.

Be aware that most women have stretch marks, even the skinniest, but if they do bother you, maybe try using foundation or concealer that matches your skin colour to blend them in.

Good luck!

Yes! Over the counter spray tan has made the stretch marks on my breasts much less noticeable. I heard that salon tanning in the beds however, can make them more noticeable. But, definitely the spray tanning does work!

It helped me VERY much! 
I was very uncomfortable when I wore a bikini because there were stretch marks on my upper legs and my hips.
So I used to wear boardshorts to cover up my legs when I went to the beach.
Well I hope this helps you as much as it helped me! :-D

**edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

I have had stretch marks since i was 9 on my arms...never have i had the pleasure of wearing anything sleeve less or straps. I am not over weight but carry most of the weight in my upper body..ie my boobs are hug. anywho where can i get this cream to try it ...maybe they will fade. YOu can't put up a link so the name will suffice..please help!!

i hate having stretch marrks. i qot them at a very young age i really dont know how to eleminate them,
most women get them, but as i get older i get more self self conscious. any ideas to help me??

i got stretch marks...round ma hips ma arm ........(i mean purple veins) wen i was 14..i weighd 100kg.....over weight...coz i.had lots of issues wif life....had a major break down..................
i got over this issues...and i slimmed down..........!!! to 50kg........................
ma stretch marks were more thikker.....and i applied cocobutter evry time....
nd it just made it less noticeable....from kinda purple colour to light pink.....................
Thru the years most my stretch marks...had faded into ma skin .....but still can feel the marks................
Now im 22yrs.............i wear bakini's to the beach....mini tops.....etc
No one can tell that i have stretch marks........ :-D .........

yo body will change nd the stretch marks....will be less noticeable..........."wen yhu still growing" the younger you are;...the better the results.....

Totally spray tanning will help with your stretch marks. You actually cannot do anything to prevent stretch marks and you cannot do anything to get rid of them other than microdermabrasion or something expensive as a procedure so you'd have to do that instead. I think that tanning is probably the best alternative but tanning is bad for your skin so spray tanning is a great version. Keep me posted on how this works for you!

Covering up, yes, that'll work since we can't really get rid or avoid getting stretchmarks. But if you want to try, you can also ask your dermatologist about products like renova, cocoa butter, etc. They're also effective products used to make the marks somehow invisible. They're pretty much available in any local or online pharmacy out there. Do ask your dermatologist about these. Hope this helps.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

i got pregnant when i was 16,, i was very skinny and with the pregnancy i gain a LOT of weight,,also..ma baby was very big.. NOW that i lost about 55 pounds :D i end up with a LOT of stretch marks in all my tummy ,, now im getting married in a couple of months and i was thinking to get a spray tan...maybe that will help......i hope............. i am 23..omg mother sacrifice strech marks remind me every day ,,

I have had stretch marks since i was 11 [19 now]. I have tried all of those ridiculously overrated creams like Celtrixa and Cocoa Butter but they DO NOT WORK!
waste of money!!
Celtrixa overdrew my bank account and everything.I really do not advise anyone to use that product.
I'm thinking about getting a spray tan to hide the marks for my senior prom in may, so wish me luck!
I'll keep ya posted. (:

Well, Husband wants to go to Hawaii. Which is awesome but I will feel very uncomfortable wearing a bikini and what not when I have these nasty marks on my hips, butt, legs... ugh pretty much everywhere. Imagine how horrible it's gonna be walking on the beach and seeing everyone else's almost perfect body. lol I know we all have them but sometimes some of us get unlucky and seem to get them EVERYWHERE.. Idk what to do. I've been looking a lot trying to find out what I can do to cover them up and it sounds like make up and spray tan may do it.. I'm naturally tan.. I really wish I had lighter skin.. they prob wouldn't be as visible and easier to cover up. I have come to get used to them but I haven't worn a swimsuit in years.. and I'm very scared to do so... ugh
I guess there's not much I can do.. I don't want this to stop us, me, from having fun with my honey ... so I won't say anything and try to find ways to hide them. =( =)
any tips?

HELP! I'M 12 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE SOOOOO MUCH STRETCH MARKS ON MY BOOBS! i feel like I can't enjoy my youthful years :'( and becuase of this i cant wear swimsuits that look nice. (NO BIKINIS). i feel like I will never be normal and carefree. HELP! :'(

I am 33 and have had stretch marks for most of my life...and I'm pretty thin..it's just life I guess but I recently started putting vit. E oil on mine and it has made a huge differ!....get the vit gels..cut them open and put the oil on three times a day..I've been doing it for two weeks and can tell a huge diff....good luck!

I have had stretch marks on my shoulders most of my life.. i got them when i was 115 pounds and i still have them now and i weigh much more then i did then.. it sucks but there is nothing i have been able to do about it.. but my friend recently brought up spray tanning because i was freaking out about them.. (i will be in a wedding soon) and they are in the worst spot so anyway im going to try the spray tan hope it works! prob need a little madeup that day too :-)