Users comments and reviews on article Are Full Body Airport Scanners Harmful? by Dana Fenton

User avatar 6907 posts
Well those are some interesting numbers in those reports. Especially when I consider what the U.S. government just told us on TV this week. They said the x-rays used are so weak they don't penetrate the skin like medical x-rays. They are simply reflected back toward the scanner where they are read.

That referral to Hiroshima sounds like pure hype with a political agenda mixed in. As far as I know, the radiation from atomic fusion isn't x-radiation So how can there be a comparison?

What I do find interesting about this whole x-ray proliferation is the aparent attitude change since 1970 about x-rays.

As a TV repair technician I was in the business when the EPA forced the TV manufacturers to put lead in the glass of picture tubes to keep x-rays from getting out. They also made General Electric supply complete replacement High Voltage section shields for certain models because someone found an x-ray leak through an empty screw hole on the bottom of the TV. To describe the amount of x-radiation getting out of that hole, some scientists said this. The family cat would have to lay on his back with the x-ray beam hitting his testicles 24/7 for about 100 years to sterilize him. Most of us thought he'd be dead of other causes before that happened!

However the lead gestapo at the EPA said it was the overall background count in the world, they were worried about not the intensity of the moment.

I always thought that was as sensible as claiming that I added to the background count of light in the world every time I used my flashlight. If that could happen, I shouldn't need to use a flashlight. There should be enough residual light in the world by now so we never need any more.

hello buddy how are you dear i read your comment it's great i like it dear i learn alot of things from your comment i hope everyone likes your post dear thanx for this information.

So what unless you travel everyday they wont be harmless and id rather be naked then die,.

Full-body scanners are different from CT Scanners used for medical purposes. Your numbers about the cancer tumor are not related to the security scanners.

unless you want to travel, then just get though it, but if you have something to hide, then don't bother to fly.