Users comments and reviews on article Protein Shakes: Are They Safe and What Are The Benefits? by Dana Fenton

um im no help but ive heard they arent healthy at all

Lauren, thank you for your comment, it is always nice to hear from a reader.

When doing research, I did find that certain types of "meal replacement" or protein shakes as they are also called, can be high beneficial to people who are unable to digest certain forms of whole protein.

For people who have wasting diseases like HIV or cancer, having a protein shake can actually be easier to tolerate on the digestive system than regular foods.

Most people who eat a healthy balanced diet, get regular exercise and do not have chronic wasting health conditions like the ones mentioned above, do not need to add a protein shake to their regular diet.

Too much protein, as was mentioned in the article can be a bad thing, which is why people need to read labels and check with a physician prior to taking any type of protein supplement.

Hope this helps and thanks for reading my article.

Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to comment on my article.

To further clarify and help provide better understanding, I thought maybe I could shed more light on the topic.

Protein shakes as a general should only be used after consultation with a medical professional.

For a person with a chronic health condition that results in "wasting," (acute malnutrition), the addition of a protein shake to the daily diet can help combat the condition.

People who eat a healthy diet and get the regular amount of daily protein have nothing to worry about and consuming extra protein can be damagin to health.

I hope this helps you get a better understanding, please comment back if you have any other particular questions as I am most happy to respond to feedback and quesitons.

I've definitely heard that doing a protein shake is not as helpful as a lot of people might think but I do think that it can help when trying to build muscle. Of course you don't need half as much as you THINK you need and I'm glad to know that there's people like you who write informative aritcles like this because it does help. Thank you for posting this!

Having a protein shake is not a problem provided u do as much exercise to balance it. It certainly help to build muscles. When u go to gym , gym trainers emphasis on having protein shake, at the same time they instruct to how much work out u do to make it a balanced diet.

Regards

I think that what you're talking about is true but I know there's an issue with taking too much protein. Do you recommend a certain amount of protein per day while you are exercising? How much exercise do you need to balance it out?

For immediate consultant including protein intake diet and diet recipes. I would prefer you to go to the dietician, Doctors will provide you the complete diet charts as per your body requirements.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Okay, I think I can find one in my area. Thanks for letting me know!

protien shaks may cuse heart atttack?

yaser rashid wrote:

protien shaks may cuse heart atttack?

No that is wrong think . protein is most important substance for our body. so how can it cause side effect in our body. protein balancing is must for our body. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.