I occasionally have episodes of lower tones changing. It's really hard to describe but it is very frustrating. I don't like to talk when it is happening. It started about a year ago, when the phone would ring it would trigger it.
I've also noticed it with other loud noises. But usually it just occurs at random now. Very rarely with the phone. The only thing I could find in my health books was Minere's Disease, but I don't have the dizziness. Do you know of anything else it might be? I do have some lower tone hearing loss, but not much.

Have you seen a doctor about it? Maybe there’s no underlying disease but you suffer from some sort of hearing loss that may progress for example.

I am no expert but I do know that there are different types of hearing losses like sensorineural hearing loss, conductive hearing loss, and mixed hearing loss.
Conductive hearing loss means that there’s a reduction in sound level or problems hearing low sounds. It means that the sound can’t be conducted well through the outer ear canal to the eardrum and the tiny bones, or ossicles, of the middle ear. It can be medically or surgically corrected. This type of hearing loss could occur from middle ear problems that resulted from colds, allergies, poor eustachian tube function, ear infection, perforated eardrum, benign tumors, Infection in the ear canal, presence of a foreign body, impacted earwax, etc
In sensorineural hearing loss you may hear low sounds but have problems with understanding speech or hear clearly. Mixed hearing loss includes combination of these too.
There also may be different degrees in damage, so I would suggest you saw a doc.