Hello, I am 47 year-old female, and lately I began to experience some of the menopause symptoms. Still, a friend of mine told me that it could be related to thyroid dysfunction, since I suffer from hypothyroidism. I s there any connection between Perimenopause and Hypo symtoms?

Since, doctors usually don’t consider thyroid during menopause, hypothyroidism can stay undetected in many women. During the beginning of menopause thyroid symptoms get worse due to hormonal shifts. This proves connection between perimenopause and hypothyroidism symptoms. When woman with thyroid dysfunction reaches menopause symptoms like: exhaustion, memory difficulties, depression, lethargy, insufficient energy, skin changes, hair loss, decreased libido, sleep disturbances and many other may occur. Thyroid disbalance may also be responsible for pain, visual disturbances, swelling of extremities, extreme weight gain.

I have been taking soya milk since I was 43 years old but I don’t think that it has helped me at all.
My serious hell started at age 43 and I am 49 now. Diagnosis was hormonal changes. My doctor put me on Zoloft, klonopin, xanax, flexril, pain killers, and prescribed many other meds to control my very frightening panic attacks, depression, fibromyalgia, migraine, arthritis type pains, knee pains, insomnia, restless legs, tingling, numbness, hot flashes, and many other indescribable symptoms.
Nothing helped. I stopped going to work and stayed in bed most of the year and a year later stopped taking all of the prescription meds because of the serious side effects etc. I continued the Zoloft though. Zoloft helped with my panic attacks but all other symptoms are intact and some new symptoms have joined the list.
New development is that about 6 months ago I started feeling very tired, drained, exhausted, thinking became slow; weight won’t come off (put on 40 lbs last couple of years). My depression and other symptoms listed above worsened.
Now in Dec. of 2008 I got my annual physical done and the blood test showed that my thyroid hormone was low (hypothyroidism) so my doctor put me on Levoxyl which drove me even more crazy (manic depressive type symptom, restlessness, blurry vision, and vomiting. Ear infections, sore throat, cough that won’t go away for weeks. But there were moments here and there when I found myself feeling good and happy but the moments didn't last longer than half hour. There was one week when I didn't get any migraines and my appetite reduced but then there were times when I felt very very hungry and ended up eating a lot.
Fed up with my indescribable hell and the doctors I decided to check into some alternative medicines, home remedies, and herbs. A friend who is a nurse and has been going through worse hell recommended that I start taking Thyroidinum 30cc, a homeopathic tincture, and slowly stop the Levoxyl. So I ordered it online. Then I researched on Black kohosh and bought it in liquid form from whole foods. I also bought chamomile liquid form and progesterone cream. I looked for bioidentical hormonal creams but didn't find any so decided that I will try progesterone cream.
OnDec. 26, 2009 I started taking Thyroidinum 30cc 10 drops in 1 ounce of water three times a day and at night before going to bed I started taking black kohosh only 10 drops in water. Recommended dose of black kohosh is 30 drops in water three times a day (total 90 drops a day). I was little afraid to take that much because I read some reports which said that it can cause liver damage. I tried it couple of times during the day but it made me feel funny so I stopped taking it during the day time.
Now I don’t know what’s making me feel good whether it’s Levoxyl adjusting to my body or Thyroidinum 30cc or black kohosh. Believe it or not I have never slept like this in my whole life before as I have in the past one week. I go to bed at 10 PM and wake up at 9 AM. I have no idea what happens in between. I am happy. Energy is great. I go out to do things I had lost interest in in the past 6 years. No migraines. No joint pains. No body pains. It almost feels like I am woken up from a very long sleep. I don't know what’s making me feel good. It’s too early to tell but I will keep you all posted if anything changes. Please give me feedback regarding my condition and the meds I am on. I will also be posting this message for the greatest and the best homeopathic doctor Pankaj Varma /Max Varma and see if I can get some help in that forum. I started Thyroidinum without consulting a homeopathic doctor and I want to quit Levoxyl and Zoloft in the next week or two. I am afraid to do so but I am really fed up with the doctors heavily medicating me for the past 6 years and all I have felt is minute help in couple of symptoms and gotten twenty additional side effects from the prescriptions. I have not had a normal life since I turned 43 and I will be turning 49 in Feb this year.
Please help me guys.

I had very bad palpatation until panic attack a couple of times. It used to happen during late nights when I was about to rest. I was admitted a few times to out patient coz it feels like I am having a heart attack. Doctors did ecg, blood test and all they can tell me was I was too tired and anxiety! They gave me xanax, stress relieve pills of some kind... I was adviced then not to rely on sleeping pills and xanax and stuff like that and try find a natural medication instead of synthetic ones.
I went to my family doc and he recommend me "remifemin" (herbal) and after about a week, my palpatation is gone. I am relieve from palpatation which causes most of the panic attacks and anxiety for about 3 months now. I am happy of the results but another symtom is very disturbing and it has been there for a year now. I have this tightness at the neck (sternocleidomastoid area at both left and right) and feels pressure as these area... then also feeling of something at the throat (it doesnt hurt but just disturbing as if there's phelm stuck somewhere).. I did an extensive blood test which includes the thyroid test and doc finds nothing ... it seems my blood test is very good.
If someone is having the same symtoms and had found a solution with natural herbs, pls advice as I am really very disturb with the kinds of pressure and discomfort at the neck area.

DID YOU EVER FIND A SOLUTION I SUFFER FROM THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS SO REALLY WANT TO KNOW IT HAS BEEN GOING ON SEVERLY FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW HELP