Hi, in the last few years I’ve been having problems with panic. At least I thought it was panic, but someone told me recently that cramps could be related to stomach disorder. Is it true?

Hi, I don’t know if you have a stomach disorder or not, but I know that stomach cramps are very common symptom of panic attacks. I know, because I suffer from a panic disorder. Every time I have to confront people, or when I have to talk in front of them, I have an attack. I immediately start sweating, shacking, my heart starts beating like mad, and of course, I have stomach cramps. I feel sick and think I’m going to throw up. Isn’t this what you have? Beside those symptoms, I was never diagnosed with any stomach disorder. However, if you suspect that you might have problems, go and have a complete examination.

I also have panic disorder (have had it for 12 years) and am currently taking Zoloft and occasionally Xanax. I have several symptoms such as: light headedness, heart rate increase, nausea, stomach cramps, chills, shaking, short of breath, etc. Before I was diagnosed, I went to several doctors and was told that I had IBS. I believe that my panic disorder and IBS feed off of each other. I would definitely consult your family physician.