Well...we are all baffled! Long story short.....in June of 2006 it was determined that I had a hot toxic nodule consuming the entire right lobe of my thyroid. I was treated with I-131 and months later it had nearly gone completely away. I visited the endo in September only to discover my TSH level was .02 They told me to come back in March. Since that appt. I have been having some odd symptoms....terrible aches and pains in my joints, all day every day severe headaches, weight gain (I have gained 75 lbs in a year) I am very depressed, extremely dry skin and hair, hair is falling out or thinning, cold intolerance as well as heat intolerance, heart palpitations, chest pains, swelling of my abdomen, very irregular periods (approx. every 2 weeks) and much more. I've been seeing my PCP regularly and he is totally confused...while consulting with the endo they can't understand why my symptoms are more along the lines of hypothyroidism yet my most recent TSH (January 2007) level is .03 (hyperthyroid level)...they also discovered I have 2 larges nodules on the left lobe now and are waiting on treating them....I am so very depressed and confused I want to be healthy, lose weight and be me again but I feel like my hands are tied. Can anyone offer advice or theories?

You sound like me. My Doc lowered my levoxyl and for almost 2 years I feel like I am in a fog, hair falling out like crazy. Lack of sensation in foot, puffy eyes, frequent urination.Went to a derm etc. Useless. I decided to get back on my old dose regardless of what Doc says bc I am not doing well like this. Foggy, tired, wierd sleep patterns. I dieted with a ton of vegetable,meat fish and fruit. This helped some.Lost weight. But the second I added any sugay a little wine and some bread, 20 lbs flew right back on. Something not right and I am at the end of my rope. But I think somehow, even though my TSH is 1.3, I am either not utilizing it right. Ya know now that every doc is a specialist and your internist sends you all over, seems no one person is looking at the whole picture, not responsible and is it all about the money? Frustrated! Hope you are doing better.

You sound like me, when i was diagnosed I have almost solely hypothyroidism symptoms but my thyroid was extremely high. My endocronologist told me everyone's body reacts differently and the lists of symptoms are just possible symptoms. Either way your body is telling you something is wrong, if they know what's wrong they can hopefully fix it and your symptoms will go away, mine did. Once we got my thyroid stable my symptoms went away the ones for high and the ones typically for low. Hang in there and just look at it as being unique.