Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hi, after having hyperthyroidism last year I have been on Carbimazole (with no Thyroxine) and have been listed for total thyroidectomy to be performed in March.

However, I am hypothyroid at the moment, my TSH has risen and I have all the symptoms, extreme fatigue, weightgain, puffy eyes and face and am feeling really depressed. It is still four weeks to go to my surgery, should I see my doctor and get some thyroxine to see me through until then or would it be safe to carry on being hypothyroid until my surgery?

Many thanks for any help.

Beth.

Loading...

Try to see another doctor before you remove your thyroid.....myaunt had this done and still regrets it-since it has not gotten rid of any of her problems...PLEASE try to get a second opinion from top thyroid doctors...Dr Ken Blanchard in massachusets is an expert...Dr Raymond chang, Dr Alan Markus...Dr.David Mitzner 951-676-3748 etc...please try everything ELSE before removing the thyroid...all kinds of problems are there after that...Good luck, pray !!
Reply

Loading...

I have hypothyroidism. I understand ALL the symptoms and problems with it! I also have multi-nodular goiders on my thyroid itself(heard its not so uncommon). I was told my thyroid was'nt working pretty much at all, BUT I DID NOT get it removed!! I have heard horror stories about it and it just doesn't seem worth it unless you have a cancerous goider(cyst). I have to be checked yearly to make sure.
I have been hypo since I was 12 and am now 29. I have been on Levothyroxine (synthroid) ever since. It works well! You have to be adjusted to make sure all the results come back in the norm. bracket and you are feeling just as normal<3 PLEASE GO WITH MEDS!!! It's life long but better than non neccesary surgery.
Reply

Loading...

After reading this post, I am not sure if I want to have surgery now. I am scheduled for it May 2009, end of the month. I had a fine needle aspiration done and the results were inconclusive. I have a nodule about 3 mm ( I believe that is correct) and I cannot tolerate even the slightest amount of Levoxyl. The ENT believes its a 50/50 case but to be better safe than sorry - another words to remove it the right side only. I am asking for prayer for a wise decision and for God's healing if that is His choice for me. Thanks!
Reply

Loading...