I have been taking Cozaar, 25mg dose for about a year after my diabetic Dr advised it. It may reduce pressure on my kidneys/liver and therefore prevent problems later (type1 diabetic, over 20 yrs). Although I don't have a home blood pressure machine, when I checked it appears my blood pressure is a bit elevated. There never was any problem with blood pressure before. Is this coincidence, maybe Cozaar related or diabetes related?

I am a type II diabetic and my doctor prescribed Cozaar. It helped reduce hypertension in conjunction with Verapamil, but Cozaar is expensive and I had to drop it a month ago when my wife lost health coverage. I decided to use up a 2-month supply of Hytrin and my blood pressure went up and I now have headaches. So I am going to buy Cozaar again, I don’t know what else is left. I am also going to get a new diabetes doctor who will aggressively control my hypertension and blood sugar.