My daughter has diabetes. She has had since she was 7 years old, she is now 27. In last couple of months she has had the problem of sweating while eating. She checked with several doctors, no one had any answers. She asked around people who are diabetic too, but it seems that one have this problem. I would like to hear for someone who had had this symptom. I don’t know how to help her.

My husband is type1 diabetic and he is insulin dependent. I know in the time we got married and even to this date, he eats small, frequent meals to help keep his blood sugar regulated. He recently adjusted his insulin dosages to help with it. He will be 42 soon, and has been diabetic since he was 19. Through all these years there have been many changes we go through and everything was affected by diabetes. When his blood sugar goes high, he does break out in a sweat, so that's why I was thinking maybe your daughters blood sugar elevating when she eats could be causing it. Consult someone about the insulin.

I am 31 and have had diabetes since I was 4 yrs old. In the last couple of yrs since i was diagnosed with ESRD I sweat when I eat. It happens when I eat anything, it could be ice cream or spicy. I have pretty good control of my diabetes now, with an A1C of 7. So I know it is not high blood sugars that is causing this. I did ask my dermatologist what this could be and she told me to check into Gustatory Sweating, hyperhidrosis, and RSD. That is how I found this site. I plan on asking my diabetic doctor when I see him this month about what kind of testing or remidies can be done to fix it.