I was diagnosed with hypertension recently. As I am 34 it is too early to suffer idiopathic hypertension. I had several physical exams, and my kidneys are healthy, my hormone level is also clear. So the final diagnosis is that I have anxiety caused hypertension. Are they related, anxiety and hypertension?

Actually they are related and certain drugs are indicated both in anxiety and hypertension treatment. Anxiety induces increased releasing of hormones that binds to receptors that are included in bp regulation. But as I know there is a type of anxiety induced hypertension also called white coat hypertension, when blood pressure increases only when is tested by doctor-person in white coat. This type of hbp is not treated.

I personally didn’t have any problems with hypertension but I know that hypertension and anxiety are linked together. Even if you ask your doctor he will tell you that your blood pressure will get higher if you are more nervous or under a lot of stress. I think that the main connection between these two is adrenalin. Because when you are anxious your body releases more adrenaline which then raises pressure in your blood. Has your doctor measured the activity of your adrenal gland? You doctor could be right with this diagnosis. Did he give you any medication to treat this condition? Sometimes some sort of therapy might be helpful as well.
I hope this helped a bit.

There is no such thing as being 'too young' to have hypertension, even though it generally rares it head later in life, you may just be an anomaly.  Essential Hypertension is most often genetic.  I have had hypertension - idiopathic - since I was 18!  I'm female, very petite, fit, eat healthily, don't do drugs, drink caffeine or smoke.  Both my parents - and theirs - had hypertension, essential hypertension.  I've had every test under the sun and there is no known cause.  Both my parents have had the same battery of tests over the years to no avail.  White Coat Hypertension is a known phenomenon however - where, in the Drs office you become anxious and thus your blood pressure rises.  Generally people are encouraged to buy a machine and take their blood pressure at home, however, if like myself you still cannot disassociate from the anxiety related to getting your blood pressure taken (by a Dr or yourself) its fairly difficult to ascertain whether its caused by anxiety related to the fear of the condition or a permanent state!