After trying so many drugs that haven’t work, my doctor suggested me Lorazepam. I get bored of all that medications and I would like to take the right one. All I need is good sedative. That’s why I want to know more about Lorazepam. Can you tell me important things I should know about it?

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine with CNS depressant, anxiolytic and sedative properties. Peak serum concentrations of Lorazepam after oral administration are reached in 1 to 6 hours. After sublingual administration peak concentration are reached in 60 to 90 minutes. It is 85% bound to plasma proteins. Indications for this medicine are short term relief of manifestations of excessive anxiety in patients with anxiety neurosis. Anxiety and tension of everyday stress life usually do not require treatment with anxiolytic drugs. Injectable Lorazepam is useful as initial anticonvulsant medication for the control of status epilepticus. It’s not recommended for use in depressive neurosis or in psychotic reactions. Also if you are under 18 years old it’s not recommended too. You should avoid drinking alcohol during the administration of Lorazepam, because of the side effects. If your doctor suggested you Lorazepam you should try it and see, maybe you will react well to this medicine.