Hi. I have been a chronic weed smoker for many years. Since I was about 15. I'm 23 now. For the last 4-5 years I would smoke at least 5 bong hits a day. I didn't discover cocaine- thank God- until I was 18. I didn't do it much then but within the last 3 years I would say I had been doing it about once a weekend if not more. 9 months ago I had to have an ambulance come and take me to the hospital because I had been partying all night until 8 in the morning and coming down off it made me feel like I was having a heart attack. When the ambulance guys came in to the house, my heart rate was at 180 bpm (double what it should be). When I got to the hospital they managed to regulate me and checked my heart to make sure I hadn't done any damage to it, which thankfully there was none. I swore I would never do coke again. Well, that plan worked for about a month but I have a lot of friends who do it, are dealers, etc. so it was very hard for me not to so I did it again. About a month and a half ago, my friends and I had another party night and stayed up late. When I came home, I was fine, I went to bed and passed out. When I woke up, a friend came over to smoke some bong hits. I took one bong hit, then another and immediately started getting bad anxiety, so bad I was this close to calling 911 again. Luckily my friend managed to calm me down and I went back to sleep thinking I would feel fine when I woke up. Nope. I still had very bad anxiety so I went to the walk-in as I remembered when I went to the hospital, they gave me lorazapan which calmed me down a lot. The doctor prescribed me 3 lorazapan, I took one right away and it did help. Until it wore off, the anxiety came right back and anytime I smoked a bong hit, it made it 100 times worse. I thought for sure there has to be something wrong with me. This time I know 100% I will never touch cocaine again. I've had to quit weed as well because like I said, it somehow makes this anxiety come worse. I've never had anxiety in my life before touching cocaine. Anyways, for the first 2 weeks after my party night, I had bad anxiety which still I'm getting once in a while but I can control it now. I went to see a therapist to help me out with that. After the 2 weeks, I was having some chest pains, like when I took a deep breath. Some days it felt like all day, some days not at all. In the last few weeks, I have felt off and on depressed, detached, surreal, which I'm assuming is the weed withdrawls. A lot for someone to deal with all at once, no? I have found that lately I'm feeling like such c**p because all I've ever known really is being high and I'm not anymore. The world feels so different. I'm eating way more than I used to- double actually. I've gained about 7 pounds in the last few weeks, I have no motivation to do much- not that I did before, I just didn't really care as much. I sleep a lot more than normal, And the random chest pains I'm not sure if it's just me being a hypocondric or if it's associated with not doing cocaine and weed anymore or what. I'm not having any other symptoms- such as headaches, loss of sleep, weird dreams, just what I've mentioned before and I'm so upset because all of my friends are all having a good time doing what they're doing and I'm not. What can i do? Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry this is so long, but I feel so lost and do need help. Thanks for reading.

J2-

Did these feelings ever go away? I'm having the exact same situation. I was a weekend user of Coke too. Two weeks ago I went to the hospital thinking the same thing. I turned out to be ok. But now some nights I get light headed and feel slight chest pressure. If I move my head in certain ways, it feels like I zone out for a split second. All of this of course makes me anxious and my heart rate goes up. If I take a couple of th Lorazepam, it helps. It's random. I can feel good all day, then all of a sudden. I'm just wondering when this will stop. I have gone cold turkey - it helps when at the time you want to go out that you start feeling bad.

Also...most importantly, if I'm able to quit cold turkey, will it reverse any damage I have done to my heart and mind. Can good nutrition help?

Interesting...
no helpful info, but recently I smoked some weed heavily laced with cocaine...my friends didn't tell me about the cocaine until a day later but it was the worst high i've ever had, my anxiety was soo bad that i thought i needed to go to the hospital (i couldn't though, i'd have gotten in major trouble) i'm still getting a bit of anxiety from time to time, especially being in the room where my anxiety after smoking was at it's peak. Some certain things trigger it like looking at the poster i stared at for hours (or what felt like hours) and sitting in the room when the light is dimmed like it was before or even just thinking about the dimmed room.
Do any of you guys get triggers?
I'm getting anxious even thinking about this. It's def. the coke though, not the weed.

Well, here's my update since it's been a while since I posted the first post. I don't have any anxiety at all anymore... it was bad at first but slowly tapered off. I couldn't even think about the night that got me 'screwed up' for a long time because it gave me anxiety. But now, I have none. I still feel random chest pains, and I'm scared to go to the doctor because what if there is something wrong with me? I do believe in holistic healing and have been trying to do natural healing on myself and stuff but like I said I still do have the chest pains. I haven't smoked weed now since September 2005 which is absolutely insane but I feel a lot better about that. I still feel a little detached/unreal once in a while but I'm not sure if that's still from the weed withdrawls or what... I just really pray that I can feel completely normal again. I'm on the verge of going to the doctors but like I said I'm very scared about that. What do you guys think?

man.. i have been down that paranoid road.. the problem with people like you and me is that drugs like weed make it miserable.. if you're already paranoid and you do a drug that makes you wig out.. etc etc.. maybe that didn't answer.. one thing you need to do first is just relax and forgive yourself a touch.. you'll never be perfect and no one is expecting you to be.. just own your situation.. address it to yourself.. there are free clinics you can go to discreetly for help if you are truly concerned.. good luck man!..

My name is Lauren...well i hit a water bong about a month ago...maybe jus a lil longer than that. im only 15 && i know my body isnt fully developed.Well ever since then i havent been feeling like my self.i feel a lil more tired than usual, i eat more than i used 2,i pee a lil more than i used 2,&& i kinna feel depressed.&& its like every thing is starting to frustrate me && get on my nerves.&& i am often paranoid now.I wanna feel normal && be able 2 have fun again....will this go away?Its like now im scared 2 go or do anything any more.I dont like feeling like this at all.I always think about negative things now.&& I dont like this at all some one please please please help me.email me at ******** or find me on myspace && talk 2 me... **********

ps.&& now i feel like mybf is getting on my nerves all the time && i dont want my feelings 2 fade 4 him because i kno i love him but sometimes i feel so depressed that i juss dont wanna be with him when i really do...ugh someone help me :(

**edited by moderator**

i too have heavy anxiety after doing cocaine, and feelings that i let down my parents, friends, and myself. all my friends do it, its hard to get away from. *** cocaine.

**edited by moderator**

well i went to the doctors, and got some heart tests done and there is nothing wrong. I think it is pretty much in my head. I still once in a while feel weird but I just try to push those feelings aside and fight them until I feel normal. I realllllllllly hope that one day I will feel 100% again and not ever have to worry about any of this BS. I haven't done coke for a really long time and same with weed so I definitely am feeling better about that for sure. And my body is probably thanking me too. Anyways, I will update again when and if I am feeling fully well.

Mixing alcohol and cocaine is not a good idea as the liver manufactures a third substance, cocaethylene, from the two compounds that intensifies cocaine's euphoric effects. The mixture of cocaine and alcohol is the most common two-drug combination that results in drug-related death.

I came across this thread and found it interesting that people were actually recommending a "better" way of doing things! Come on guys n gals... We should simply stop doing it, it is the only advice?

OK, I'm not naive; i have a problem too, and attempting to address this tonight. I have some difficulties that I can identify and even feel I know what it would take to stop the downward spiral which long-term canabis and/or cocaine use will always cause... But cannot bring myself to trust anyone face-to-face.

For those who believe this fallacy that cocaine is not addictive.... You are simply wrong. It is an addiction akin to cigarettes - in my opinion only - requiring approx the same strength and timeframe to give up. And the same as cigarettes, it will stay with you, each time you come in contact.

Does anyone want to chat about cocaine to seriously share experiences and problems - advice or assistance?? I would welcome a link to a thread that may be of assistance, or a Private message from someone who feels they may be on a level with me?

Kind Thanks.

Pep

Here is the most effective treatment:
You have a lot of toxins stored in your fats, from different chemicals, and it appears the buildup in your body has become so much that the mixture of these, when released, creates massive anxiety.
Niacin, or Vitamin B3 should help "burn" these toxins out of your fats.
It will help clear them out, into your urine, and continued use of this for a while should help you out.
Try it out, you can get niacin anywhere.
I suggest an extended release form, so as to not create any flushing and burning of your skin.

All right people. I've read all your posts and have a thing or two to add. Drugs, reguardless of how mild (marijuana being extremely mild compared to alcohol and cocaine, even nicotine, caffiene, ect..) can harm your body quite badly. Now, everyone is different. If you suspect a drug is causing anxiety, stop taking it. Cold turkey is NOT bad for you body. Just the opposite. Your body and mind may feel dull, distressed and so on from stopping cold turkey, but this is a detox process. Most drugs detoxing involve sweats, frequent (or more frequent) urination, irritability, head aches, chest pains, kidney, liver and pains in the limbs, shaking hands, legs and sudden "jerks" of the neck. Cocaine and marijuana both have all these withdrawal and detox effects. And for some people, need very little present in the body to exibit these symptoms.
My suggestion is to stop immediately. I have bad tachycardia once from marijuana use, that I think was also associated with recent stress, nicotine and cocaine use. This tachycardia (rapid heart beat around 160bpm that probably peaked at 180bpm or more) made my literally feel as if I had died and come back to life. After this I was very scared to even take herbal supplements let alone smoke pot or do anymore cocaine. Let me also add that I was a daily user of marijuana for many years and did coke more than a few times a week for several months when this happened.
Now some of what you all are describing is post dramatic stress syndrome. I first experienced this with mushrooms long ago, then after the tachycardia, marijuana induced post dramatic stress. The only cure for this disorder is not using substances that antagonise stress, anxiety and rapid heart rate. It is at first a physical problem, that later on is triggered by anxiety from things that frighten you or make you worry. Aside from stopping the use of substances you must also convince yourself that any triggers are just that, triggers. They pose no threat to your health aside from making you worried (which then can lead to tachycardia, panic attacks, pararnoia, shakes, shivers, disorientation and so on). The best thing in my opinion is to talk to someone that has experienced it. I, myself, continued to smoke pot even when it gave me anxiety and tachycardia more often than not, until I heard the testamonies of many other marijuana, cocaine, and substance abusers that experienced the same things.
Just relax. It sucks a lot to get post dramatic stress. But you can count on those substances bringing you back to anxiety, breakdown or tachycardia. Just set them aside. And it's best to get rid of the temptation by throwing out, or giving any your remaining substances, numbers for obtaining them and means of using them. I gave my pot anyway with some pipes, sold my bongs and tossed my remaining coke and cigarettes after this attack. It was a hard hard week after that. I couldn't sleep, and wanted to get high by some means so bad. But I maintained, meditated, hung out with friends that weren't getting high, talked to people about my problems.. I feel like a new person. These attacks and disorders can happen for a reason. Even alcohol can **** you up and bring you into a dark place and give you anxiety, longing, tachycardia (usually from atrial fibrillations, also known as Holiday Heart Syndrome) and long or short-term depression. Just let go, and take it all back. It really is the fastest way.
Also do not worry about getting in trouble, people. If you were a parent, even a strict one, you'd forgive your kid for anything as long as they learned from their mistakes. That is what lifes about. Even if your father is a minister and your mom's a god fearing christian, they were not angels as teens. They are lying if they say otherwise. And if you're in trouble they will help you. If not, then there are plenty of people that will. Your parents can't dis-own you for taking drugs. If they do, I'm sorry, but they are pieces of living ****. I have seen it happen, but never to a child that wants help and wants to stop what they did wrong.
Anyway, recovery, even from a little too much pot can be hard. The best medicine is no more medicine. Talk to your friends, if you can't or have non that will understand (like friends that are too wrapped up in getting high to believe that it can harm you greatly) then check my profile, and grab my email. I would gladly help someone going through to same things I went through. I know all about it. I've researched endlessly to find out what marijuana, stress, and substance abuse does.. It's become such a part of me that I'm taking Psychology in behavioural neuroscience so I can continue to help people going throw this. It's common. And that's important to remember.
I've been to hell and back. Substance abuse, clinical depression, attempts on my life, you name it. But I turned things right around when I finally saw death inviting me in. My roommate, whom I bairly cared for at the time, counselled my back to a healthy heart rate and state of well being. Since then I saw something in everyone. We're all part of the same struggle, but some of use have seen things we don't wish for others to have to. Trust me, you all know what the healthy choices are. Follow them.
Yoga, religion, meditation, charity work, getting involved with the community, activism, reading, writing, the arts, excercise, good nutrition.. whatever it takes to get your mind off the stress and impurities of the lifestyles we adopt. Don't crave or want. Just be. It's so much easier. We were just never taught how.

Peace be with you all.

**edited by moderator**

Yeah, it sounds like you guys are taking natural side effects of weed and coke and blowing them way out of proportion with raging paranoia, I partook regularly in both drugs for several years and have had my own episodes with each. Coke can leave you tweaked or "cracked out " at the end of an evening. You start to come down but the accumulation of stimulant in ur system keeps your heart rate up and makes breathing labored. I have had many a night where I wanted to jump out a window and would promise to god i would never touch coke again. The only thing to do is focus on ur breathing and hang in there until u drift off into sleep. There shouldn't be any residual effects after waking up. This is where I think the weed and paranoia came in and screwed u up. Weed can easily cause acute panic attacks in people who have never had them earlier, with no warning. I remember this happening to me, also around the first few times I did coke. I smoked weed, alone, and had a huge panic attack. I managed to calm myself down and have been scared to partake ever since. This happened to me over 5 yrs ago and soon after, I saw a doctor and went on Paxil for several months. The drug all but cured my attacks for months afterwards. To this day, when attacks sporadically return, I treat it as an anxiety and mental health issue. You know, the overwhelming majority of people suffering from mental health issues use drugs to self medicate, and vice versa. The majority of drug users suffer from mental health side effects. You can't be imbibing coke and weed and expect no consequence. A mind altering substance could trigger latent symptoms you've always had. Or the feelings of panic that coke created in you may have triggered an adrenaline malfunction in which u too easily jump to panic mode. Whatever the case may be, realzing that this is not a physical heart -related problem and that this is mental, will help you to treat these symptoms and get real. The doctors will most likely give u an EKG to rule out anything physical. And I recommend 20 mg Paxil as it helped me immensely. And remeber that you may very well deal with pesky issues of mental health for the rest of your life.

Are you stupid! It's the fricking drugs. STOP IT. Don't do coke, don't do weed. You won't have paranoid heart problems. Jeez. The younger ones, okay, you probably have to try - but if you are over 30 - YOU AREN'T CUTE ANY MORE AND STOP IT! Jeez.

i am an avid weed smoker and i do cocaine on the weekends. those are the only two drugs i do on a regular basis other then E and salvia, which i almost never do but on occasion, like once a month, i do. anyways, ive never felt anxiety or paranoid, but i changed alot, little things seem to bother me more and i stopped showing affection to almost everyone.
to be honest, these two drugs have screwed up my life. ive lost alot of friends over the cocaine, and i lost my boyfriend of two years, who i still love, over it too. being a weekend user, i didnt think i was addicted, but i caught myself saying things like "when i get my next pay check ill pitch for the coke" and "i can't wait to get to her house, they're doing coke". im currently thinking about putting myself in dtox, to get everything out and learn to live without it and stop craving it ,weed and cocaine. im only 16, and honestly i dont know if i should continue, or do dtox. i know that i cant quit cold turkey, cause ive tried it for smoking cigarettes and it didnt work.

**edited by moderator**