I am a 42 year old female and, so far, have never had any serious health problems. Thank God. Anyway, for the past 3 months, I have felt the sensation like something like a pill is stuck in my throat. I feel this when I swallow – feels like the lump in throat. The location of the lump may vary as well as the intensity. I have no sore throat at all. Sometimes I keep swallowing trying to make this feeling go away, but it doesn't. Yesterday, for example, the feeling disappeared for the day, but returned last night. This is so annoying! Can anybody give me any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.

Hello there.

I know exactly what you think. Same feeling I had for a while, and I can only describe it as really boring feeling that you can't get rid of. 

Well, lump in throat can be caused because of the anxiety. It was in my case.

Do you have problems with it?

This is usually called anxiety lump, and when this anxiety lump happens you have this feeling that can occur rarely, frequently, or persist indefinitely, it depends. I felt this lump in the throat sensation once and a while and not that often, but it was killing me.

I thought that this was nothing, but it was caused by the anxiety. 

If you really want to be sure, you might consider having video fluoroscopy to visualize the swallowing mechanism. One of the possibilities is GERD. Treatment itself really depends on the cause. In general, it can include endoscopy or surgery. Hope this helps.

i have the same thing
see im only 13 and im a boy so my parents wont take me to see an ear throat and noes specialest so i want to no what it was. my nutrionist said it was all in my mind. but i have also had a stuffy noes and before i got this sensation i had an extremely bad cough if u can relate to me please answer back. finally i have had this for about a year. I really want to figure out what this is and if it is serious

ty

I am a 39 year old female, smoker. It feels like I have something stuck in the back of my throat and I can't swallow it down. I have no pain, just irritating. What could it be? I have no insurance, but will go to the Dr. if this could be serious.

It could be allergies. I have the same sensation when my allergies flare up. Although, most recently that same sensation turned out to be strep. You never know. You may want to go to the health department to get it checked out.

Ironically, I have the same problem. When I swallow there is a clicking in my throat. It seems like there is a lump in my throat that gets moved everytime I swallow and it makes a clicking noise. The doctor said it might be allergies, but I fear it might be a little more than that. I'm a 26 year old female that has never had "knock on wood" any problems with my health, so it's a little weird.

This has only been happening for the past 6 months. But very interesting to hear that others have a similar problem.

Hi guest!

I also have this problem & have posted in the clicking throat section. My click seems to be coming from the left hand side of my throat when I swallow. I also feel as though I have something stuck in the throat. Mine has been happening for 2 months now and have seen a few doctors.

They did an endoscopy (up the nose, down the throat) and saw that my throat looked quite raw - think it was because I have been swallowing so much! Don't have a cough though.

They also saw what looked like enlarged lymphoid tissue in the throat - usually comes up when there is an infection present which is likely to be causing the uncomfortable feeling. Had blood tests done and nothing
abnormal.

sometimes it seems to be worse after eating and feels like my throat is closing up! I'm not alergic to any foods as far as I know - certainly no one in my family is etc. and its not as if it happens only after eating a certain type of food for instance.

Hopefully you have had some more luck?? Would be interested to keep in touch.

Thanks

hi,

ive had a chest infection last week, and the doctor gave me medication for it, and sice it has cleared up, i can still feel a lump in the left side of my throat when i swallow. When i take paracetamol it goes away, but it is irritating and worrying. there isnt a clicking like some have suggested, just i can feel the lump when i swallow. im 18 and a smoker (only recently thought, about 5 months) i cant get to the doctors today but i might be able to tomorrow. i cant feel the lump if i run my hands over my throat, you think it could just be an infection?

Hello All,
I've been SO annoyed for the past year with this feeling that there is a little something stuck in my throat on one side. It's beent here for So long, and I went to a doctor and they said they couldn't see it...maybe it is allergies, acid reflux...yadda yadda yadda...I am so worried and I don't have insurance so the barium swallow and xrays are pretty out of the question for now...
It clicks every time I swallow and my throat is raw with all the swallowing I do. I just want to know if it's cancer...
what'd'ya'll think?

i am 36 and iv had the feeling of a lump in the back of my throat for about two months. I had an endoscopy up the nose and back of throat and the specialist could not see a lump,she said it is inflamed nerve endings that give the feeling of a lump.If it does not go in a couple of weeks to go to doctors and get antibiotics. :-)

I'm 18 years old (female) and for just the past few days I've felt like I've had something caught in my throat. I've tried to swallow it down and even throw up just to get whatever it was out, but it never did anything.
I don't know what this is called, so when I try to do research I come up with almost nothing, the only thing I found was this site.
I've been a bit worried that I have a tumor or something. I'm getting myself checked into the Doctors in about a week.
I don't smoke or anything and I'm also a healthy eater, so I don't have a clue whats wrong.
Does anyone have any ideas what I could have?

Hi I am 27 and also have had throat irritation that comes and goes. I don't know what is it but it feels like the right side of my throat and sometimes both sides are rough and dry and like I have food stuck there. I look at my throat in the mirror and can see white specs on my tonsil. I recently went to the doctor and had a strep test which was negative. I am wondering if my tonsils need to be taken out or if there is something hopefully easier to try like home remedies. I also have ear pain and fullness with it. Any ideas what could help me? Almost daily I feel this irritation and over the counter meds don't seem to help. I also smoke and worry it could be something really bad like cancer.

hey. im 17 and female and for a couple of days i have just randomly felt like theres something stuck in my throat on the left hand side, and it hurts when i swallow and doesnt go away. i dont eat badly and i dont smoke so its a bit worrying, im hoping it will just go away of its own accord?

Same thing guys, well mine clicks / pops when i swallow. But only when my moth feels dry, and i comes and goes. I don't feel a constant lump but i get the click pops, its annoying as hell, I have seen no doctors and I don't believe its cancer. I believe it stems from my sinus problems, as my right ear has been clogged up with junk for a few weeks.

I am going to start a antibiotic and see if it helps.

Glad to know its not just me.

Throat poppers unite.