I was never really prescribed by a doctor that i have ADD, but I'm almost positive i have it, i've done a lot of research. My mom wont let me take meds for it though, there for getting tested by the doctor would do no good.

But today I took one adderall and I felt amazing all day, and paid attention in my classes and did work I never thought i was capable of. But then at the end of the day, maybe 5, 5 'n a half hours after I took it I threw up. I also took two ibuprofen for my cramps though, and didnt eat anything all day. I thought maybe that could be the reason why?

I take Adderall regularly now for about 2 years. I had a question about mixing ibuprofen with it and I called my pharmicist. He said I can take a low dose of Ibuprofen, but not actually swallow the pills at the same time, wait a while.

Your parents may just not know what to do or have researched it and think they made a good decision. Research it yourself, the good and the bad. You obviously know some about the good side. There is a bad side too, its a methamphetamine, you can get addicted to it, it raises your blood pressure and heart rate, dehydration also as previously mentioned.

It severly decreases your appetite and when you come down off of it, you can have a really really bad hour or two where your just irritable, feel like c**p, and basically a big ass.

Heart issues - A doctor will not prescribe it to you if you have a heart problem like a murmor or high blood pressure, or even if your family has a history of heart issues. THIS IS BECAUSE IT COULD GIVE YOU A HEART ATTACK AND YOU COULD DIE; PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM USING ADDERALL. Usually they have a heart issue or are doing intense exercise while on it.

If you are going to take it without a doctors prescription, be the best doctor you can. Learn about your heart and family's hearts, take the lowest dose you can while still getting the benefits, and force yourself to eat and drink normally

BTW - ever considered coffee? I find that it can be almost as good

People don't post information if you have no idea what you are talking about! Seriously you just told a young youth she was in psychosis from taking adderall, actually those feelings are due to the fact it's a stimulant therefore, her body ( mainly her CNS) is reacting to the drug which is NORMAL and will balance itself out. And maybe you could go look up the definition of psychosis before you decide to use it again.

I took 10mg of adderall two hours before I got a headache.
So, I took two ibuprofen (1000mg total) and felt head-ache relief and no odd side-effects of the combination.
Then I drank 1 cup of coffee.

If I read correctly elsewhere, I heard there are no known drug interactions with ibuprofen and adderall.
And psychosis is like a mentality lock, and the best way to avoid it or get out of it is to simply chill out. Sober up. Exercise. You're fresh.

Regarding my concerns about adderall, sometimes I feel my left arm get a little weaker with a pressure variance, something they tell you to look out for, which is the worst side effect. No signs of tachycardia. No signs of anything else.

Sometimes my left chest hurts, and I always attributed that to adderall doing something to my heart, but it turns out that was just a muscle spasm or something after experiencing the exact same feeling on my right pectoral. Guess working out has been paying off.

I guess the only thing about addy is dont abuse it. Take holidays. Try not to mix it with other stimulants en masse (like coffee).

One day I took up to 40 mg (I was abusing it) and I drank two or three cups of coffee, and my heart began racing 500 miles per hour and I thought I was about to have a heart attack and drop dead right there, in front of the cute girl. Thankfully, it died down a minute or two later, but taught me there certainly is validity to a doctor's order.

A day without food will make most people queezy, regardless of med intake.

If you took an immediate release pill and have either a normal or slightly faster than normal metabolism, at 5.5 hours, you'd be well on the way down from the peak effects of instant release adderall (instant release hits peak blood plasma levels at 3 hours for the average patient). Acidic stomach contents and acidic blood will cause adderall to be absorbed more quickly (effects start sooner) and metabolized more quickly (effects end sooner) AND will actually decrease the absorption rate (less of the drug actually makes it to your brain); and, the converse is true for alkaline stomach contents and blood, it will take longer to take effect, your body will absorb a greater percentage of the drug originally ingested, and it can then last 8-12 hours (even immediate release) as opposed to the average duration of 4-6 hours for more baseline ph levels.

You are HIGHLY unlikely to see any major increase in blood pressure due to Ibuprofen unless you're taking excessive dosages; at normal dosages, you're more likely to see a slight drop in blood pressure; so, digitally b***h slap the tool posting above. Any good doctor or pharmacist will advise you to space your med intake to give your stomach a rest (it's hard to digest rock like substances like pills), not so much due to interaction. These drugs are metabolized into different chemical structures in your stomach, the drug you eat is not the same drug that hits your brain. So, again, b***h slap the overreactors.

You did experience psychosis.

Everyone experiences psychosis.

Psychosis is NOT THAT negative of a word.

b***h slap the tool who freaked out over the use of the word psychosis (they've obviously never studied psychology extensively).

Psychosis is a VERY generic term that covers ANY temporary break with reality, which, to reiterate, is something EVERYONE experiences (think angels and demons, more than 90% of the world is delusionally psychotic with religion)...

All that considered, you should still use extreme caution with ANY psychoactive chemicals, and you should ALWAYS research interactions prior to mixing. You have PLENTY of reliable sources available and no reason to skimp on information when it comes to your own livelihood.

ADD/ADHD should be renamed to Attention Deficit Syndrome, it is not curable, it is manageable, it never goes away, and medication will probably always be necessary to mitigate its negative effects. But, any medications that effect your norepinephrine and seratonin systems can have extraordinary long term effects on your autonomic nervous system (the part that controls your lungs, heart, brain, etc) and when not used properly can lead to either extreme end of the spectrum (seizure due to overactivity, or organ failure due to lack of activity in your ANS). Adderall has its strongest effect on your dopaminergic pathways (though it also effects both norepinephrine and seratonin) and misuse there can lead to wild swings from the most euphoric euphoria to the deepest depression (think bi-polar esque symptoms)...

The moral: Do your research, but listen to your doctor.

i am 17 years old, 5'2", and 107lbs. i taken adderall 3 days in a row (i'm not prescribed it, and i dont have ADHD orADD) 60 mg a day. im running on probably 4 hours of sleep over the last 3 days. i cant eat, and when i do eat i throw it up. my legs and hands are tingly all the time and my head feels like it is shrinking and then getting larger. i have a temperature of 101.1. i have massive chills and my heart is racing. im kinda scared and i just want it to go away. what should i do?

please get help. check you'r self into a rehab , turn you r will and life over to god

like previously stated adderall is a methamphetamine, and for those that don't thats METH! so yes it is addictive because it targets the dopamine and serotonin chemicals in the brain. these chemicals make you feel happy, and who doesn't like being happy!? so be careful and realize its not true happiness just chemical happiness (im not saying dont use just be realistic, be strong willed, and dont abuse)

the main point i wanted to make though is that it is a strong appetite suppressent (for example meth addicts become sickly skinny) so when using make sure you watch the clock and eat/drink regularly. when i do take it to help me study i make sure to have a drink sitting next to me and have some fruit/snacks to eat every couple of hours.

im just an engineer student who is interested in chemicals and passing on what ive learned from my research/experience.

ps being an engineer student i hate grammer and writing so sorry if poorly written :-D

UF Gator
Greek Ksig
CMC

Okay, People need to stop saying it's methamphetamine. it's not. It's an amphetamine salt, closely related to speed, not methamphetamine.

As for the drug interaction, I have the same question, though I don't really see an answer here. I have headaches at times, especially in the mornings, which is an issue because I take my adderall in the morning. So does anyone actually know if Ibuprofen is bad to mix with Adderall?

Seriously, you are severely
mistaken.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine vs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine  You see the methyl group
on the amine?  Yeah, totally different molecule with different
reactivities.  It might not look like a lot when you see the pictures,
but there is a large difference between the two.  There is no way it is a
methamphetamine without the methyl group on the amphetamine!  Before
you type a self-proclaimed "poorly written" response, at least make sure
you get your facts straight.

People are really getting argumentative over these questions. I have a fantastic understanding of Adderall and its effects, I began taking it in 3rd grade and stopped taking it when I began college. Because most doctors have never taken it in their life I think a perspective like mine can be just as helpful. 

My number one suggestion for people who take it, REMEMBER TO EAT! People are so used to their brain triggering them with the feeling of hunger to coerce them into eating. However, on adderall this goes away, so even if you are trying to eat when you don't want to you can literally forget for hours. If you want to avoid headaches, mild depression, irritability, etc. by the end of your day you should force yourself to eat whether your hungry or not. I learned this after I told my doctor of these symptoms; he asked me whether I was eating sufficiently or not. It dawned on me that maybe I should stop giving away the lunch my mom packed me every day in grade school and start eating it. Once I did all my after school symptoms vanished. You would be surprised how much you can eat on adderall if you just persevere. 

I must note that my advice is only to those who are taking a reasonable amount, for the "tweekers" out there I have no other advice for you except that Amphetamine abuse is ridiculously destructive to your body and your brains ability to achieve a natural high therefore you all are idiots. 

What I would consider a reasonable dose is anything from 10-30 mg. Anything above that for someone who isn't used to the drug will inevitably experience unpleasant side effects whether they eat or not. 

I think a good judge to a suitable dosage is this: If you take the pill and feel compelled to talk to everyone you took to much and will have a crummy come down. Adderall used correctly should actually decrease your desire to be social, and anyone who has taking it properly for years will tell you they are usually a big dud when there on it. Throughout my adolescence I would never dream of taking it for a social event, but to my amazement people all around me in college did just that. Again because they were taking too much and thus felt a euphoria of happiness and sociability - at a cost of course. 

If your taking it for school or work make sure you take it sometime in the morning or you WILL NOT SLEEP. Adderall isn't like coffee, you cant get used to it enough to be able to sleep soon after consuming it. You should leave yourself at least 12 hours or you will likely experience insomnia. 

As for everyone who is arguing about the chemical makeup of adderall it is simply a type amphetamine, just like meth or ecstasy but with small chemical variations. The physiological effects vary with these chemical variations, but it can be said that they all have somewhat similar effects if you take enough of it. 

Hope this helped.. 

just a little fix for a previous comment to releive any worries, and im not a doctor or a chemist haha, but adderall is an amphetamine, and dextroamphetamine, NOT a METHamphetamine. there is a LARGE difference between adderall and meth haha. tho they are technically in the same durg family tree. just saying...

I have ADD and I take adderall, but I have found it is only worth taking with ibuprofen. Taken with ibuprofen I have increased social skills, creativity, sense of well-being, motivation and memory. Also I can sing better, but maybe that just has to do with the anti-inflammatory part.

Without ibuprofen, adderall gets me very stimulated after about 30 minutes after taking it and it last for about 5 minutes exactly and no more. Then I experience a lousy come-down until I go to sleep.

Ibuprofen has none of the above described effects without the adderall.

first of all adderal is not a "methamphetamine". methamphetamine is amphetamine with a methyl group. completely different substance all though similar in structure as far as the base. they have different effects on the brain due to the fact that meth is resistent to being broken down by enzymes in your brain. adderal is levoamphetamine with dextroamphetamine and other salts and binders. meths destructive qualities are far greater than adderal on every level, including physical and physcological.

No NSAIDS with Adderall especially on an empty stomach. Ibuprofen ( motrin, naproxen sodium) and other NSAIDS can be extremely harsh on the stomach especially and empty stomach; and is not recommended to be taken with Adderall.