I am currently prescribed suboxone and flexeril. is it okay to take them both? are there any adverse affects if I do?

flexeril is a musle relaxer, so therefore you can take with suboxone, i'm surprised your dr. did not tell you this, or your pharmasist. you can not take any opiates while on suboxone because of the naloxene in the suboxon.

Wow. People like you just burn me up! You spread all this shitty info on such an important drug/subject! On top of that, shitty info on something that has NOTHING to do with the question!! Naloxone has NO clinical action in Suboxone. It does NOTHING! It is just there to make people feel better! The Buprenorphine is what is doing all the blocking due to its high affinity to the opiate receptors! So the next time you tell someone this stuff for some random reason...make sure you know what you are talking about! Suboxone and Subutex and Clinically the same!! They act EXACTLY the same! Whether in inject them or whatever you want...the same! It is all a politically ploy for more money in a more expensive drug!! NALOXONE DOES NOTHING AT ALLL!!!!!!!! NO BLOCKING EFFECT!!!! MANY CONFUSE NALOXONE WITH NALTREXONE!! NALTREXONE IS IN FACT A BLOCKER BY ITSELF AND WILL MAKE YOU WITHDRAWAL IF INJECTED....NOT NALOXONE!!!! Finally...the reason you experience precipitated withdrawals if you take ANY FORM of Buprenorphine (Suboxone or Subutex) is because of its binding affinity. It peels the other opiates off of your receptors to replace them...making you sick! NOT NALOXONE!! I am so tired of uneducated people pasting all this false info all over the internet! :]] cheers.

I am currently taking suboxone films, which, for one, do not seem to work as well as the tablets, but - of course - drug companies are pushing them and their "new" x, x and x reasons. Yes, they are expensive, but not as expensive as the older tabs, for some reason. I was curious of your mention to Subutex? Does it basically do the same thing as the suboxone? I remember about 8 years ago, a friend talking about having used Subutex. But now, all you hear about is Suboxone. And you have to find special, expensive doctor's to prescribe. Is Subutex a suitable replacement for Suboxone? Do you have to find a special doctor authorized to prescribe? Is it cheaper? Thank you for any response you are able to give!

SUBUTEX AND SUBOXONE THE only diffrence is subutex has no naloxone and sub does i mean thats the only one i no of i been on both and i like the tex better hope i helped

doo your an id**t. Ive taken suboxone and subutex and ive taken both with other opiates and the only one that made me sick is the one with the naloxone. So just because you think you know how everything affects everyone, your wrong. So brush that chip off your shoulder mr Pharmacy.

First of all "JayMes" The person was asking a simple question. Maybe he was taking muscle relaxers because his f*****g MUSCLES HURT.. !!!!

Secondly who are you to f*****g judge anyway? Why are you even on here if you didn't want to find out and understand what would happen when you take both..
Maybe that was the question the person was trying to find out . .Then you come back and give them this shitty answer acting like you know this persons life story..
I too wanted to know what would happen if I took both ..
Maybe because I have back spasms and nothing else would work except flexeril and Hydrocodone and I no longer take hydrocodone(((( BECAUSE SUBOXONE HELPS ME ))). Reasons why I am wondering about taking the two together because I am trying to get help and flexeril is for my f*****g back from lifting 75lbs ever 30 seconds at work..
Think before you answer a question
sh*t does help
And maybe the person was asking so they didn't end up killing them selfs and their shitty doctor didn't know the correct answer ...

Close but no cigar! Naloxone is infact an opiate blocker....it is called an opioid antagonist.. and if taken alone without buprinorphine will block full agonist opioids such as morphine, heroin, oxycodone, ect.. from bonding To the MU receptors in the brain. However taken in combination with buprinorphine it is compleatly f*****g useless because the long-acting partial agonist opioid know as buprinorphine, has a stronger bonding affinity than the opioid antagonist known as naloxone, and regardless of the rout of administration sublingual, interviniously up your ass, in your eye ect. Buprinorphine will always gain bonding priority over naloxone. So naloxone has absolutly no busness being in combination with buprinorphine...because like you said subutex and suboxone are clinically the same...the only reason that Reckitt Benckiser pharmicuticals puts the naloxone in suboxone is To. Patent a more expensive drug and keep the money in thereckets and out of the "genaric" companys.

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY

Naloxone hydrochloride (not confusing naloxone with naltrexone,) prevents or reverses the effects of opioids, including respiratory depression, sedation, and hypotension. Also, it can reverse the psychotomimetic and dysphoric effects of agonist-antagonist such as pentazocine.Naloxone hydrochloride is an essentially pure narcotic antagonist, i.e., it does not possess the "agonistic" or morphine-like properties characteristic of other narcotic antagonists; naloxone does not produce respiratory depression, psychotomimetic effects or pupillary constriction. In the absence of narcotics or agonistic effects of other narcotic antagonists it exhibits essentially no pharmacologic activity.Naloxone has not been shown to produce tolerance nor to cause physical or psychological dependence.In the presence of physical dependence on narcotics naloxone will produce withdrawal symptoms.Source: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=27adf08a-881f-4a9d-bacf-8c8c8ba6d73dThe information I jus gave you is in no way from an untrustworthy source, or an "uneducated" one.I am currently on a pain contract with subutex. My doctor, who specializes only in pain management, and drug dependency replacement with both suboxone and sub. He gave me this exact info in a pamphlet from the pharmacy, and his medical books. You are correct that in suboxone, the naloxone doesn't really do anything, except it DOES if it is injected. This is why they put naloxone in sub. Other tan that though, it does nothing. Not even as a blocker. You are correct that it is the high affinity of the buprenorphine. But I'm afraid you are seriously misinformed when you say that naloxone does nothing at all, even on it's own, when in fact it does. Like I said, naloxone (not naltrexone,) is used in the emergency room to pull overdose patients out of overdose. usually called by the name NARCAN

Wow is right, you could not be any more wrong than you are. I have never responded to even a youtube post, dropped facebook two years ago, and had to reply that you are very out of touch with exactly the chemical compounds of suboxone, what naloxone does

Thank You Dblunt85 I was wondering the samething and then I see this douchebags comment Jay MESS. I am currently on suboxone but I don't like going around telling everyone my business and I am a hard worker working 6 days a week and 5o+ hours on my feet all day as a butcher. Well I recently habe a pinched nerve in my neck and it kills and the only thing that helps the pain is a muscle relaxer so i wouldnt to see what the side affects would be.

Suboxone has the opiate blocker, subutex doesn't. You can take other meds and feel them as to if you were to take something on top of a suboxone, you'd feel nothing.

You're an angry, uneducated douche. Lol getting all mad because you THINK you know what you're talking about.

you say all this stuff about how its so horrible to spread false info but YOU ARE SPREADING FALSE INFO TOO

CHILL THE f**k OUT!!!! lmaoooooo crazyy