Looking for feedback and other peoples experience. I have been having pretty constant head pressure for the last six weeks. It wouldn't go away so I started worrying about it. I went and got blood tests and an MRI of my brain which came back negative. Doctor said it is just anxiety. I started taking some Buspar and was feeling nuts. So I have lowered the dosage but still am feeling the head pressure, and at times feel nauseous. I just don't feel like myself. At times I have felt pressure in my stomach too. Can't excercise too much or I tend to feel nauseous. Does anxiety sound accurate? What other tests should I have done? Does anyone have experience with this. I just want to get back to having a normal life.
-Dirk

IVE beeen feeling really weird for the past three months maybe and i get this muscle tension in my head kind of like a twitch...my head always hurts i dont feeel like my self at all any more .it really scares me.. ive had an mri and evrything came back find.. ive got tyold its anxiety too..it drives me nuts almost..i guess my best advice is jus to take deep breaths and tell yourself your going to be fine it works for me somtimes...i really would love to know..wat is causing all this.i was fine just a few months ago now i dont even know who i am..its really scary somtimes

soooo don't worry its muscle tension, it can make you feel not right at all, shooting pains on the side or around your head, fatigue, no energy to excercise of if you do you feel like you are going to pass out, and cause you worry so much about it, it can make your tummy cramp, the muscle tension in your head and neck can make you feel like you are going to vomit.... it take a good two years to get over, its also got anxiety thrown in there my adive

neurofen
rest
lots of sleep
head massages and neck
heat packs
RELAX

I have had pressure in my chest and neck my blood pressure has been a little bit on the high side. Although the doctor thinks this is contributed to my anxiety. I have had several tests ran over the past two months like a ct scan, 4 ekg's, blood work, stress ekg test, and a blood clot test. They all came back fine. I am now taking a pill called klonopin which seems to relieve alot of the pressure. I keep thinking there is something physically wrong woth me and that is porbably contributing to the problem. I would say it is more than likely an anxiety issue. You never know anything is possible, but with symptoms as serious as what you are experiencing you would think that something would have happened by now. The important thing to remember is that it will not go away right away you can not will it to you might need medication and even therapy. Good luck with everything I know how tough this is it has controlled my life and ruined it in the process. Get some help.

Starting February 8th, 07, I woke up really light headed, and the light headedness never went away. At first I thought I was sick, then I thought I had several serious illnesses. I went and got tested for everything: HIV, lymphoma, cancers, brain tumors, anemia, etc. Everything came back fine. Then my lightheadedness turned in to a constant headache that NEVER went away. I thought I was going crazy. I had my first anxiety attack last December after weeks of heart palpitations and not knowing what was wrong. Up until late January I was fine and didn't think it would be a problem. I believe my anxiety was triggered by a near overdose of cocaine, or Ecstasy that I tried that Halloween. Both drugs I only tried once. I feel like my life has been ripped away from me, or that I took it for granit when I felt completely fine. I live everyday in misery and I am only 20 years old. I am going to therapy for anxiety, and I have seen my doctor and a psychiatrist. Both say my symptoms are "strange" and that makes me feel even worse. The head pressure NEVER goes away, and I have never been a headache person. It all happened so fast, and now I feel as though I have no future. I am on Zoloft and have slowly been increasing my dosage. I started on April 7 . . . I went from 25 mg, to 50 mg, and today is my third day on 75 mg. Some days I would feel "okay" but not completely better. I go to the gym now and just exercise until I can't breathe anymore, I also try to run twice a week. I have yet to see a neurologist but I am planning on it next week. I'm also thinking about switching to Lexapro. I know this is a lot, but I feel like no one is taking me seriously or is really listening to what I'm saying, not even my parents. I need help, or else I am scared that I will hurt myself, or go crazy. Has anyone ever overcome something like this? If so, what did it take, and how long did this last?

**edited by moderator**

Check out adrenalfatigue.com

It certainly has opened our eyes to the whole anxiety/cause/solution cycle.

This whole head pressure thing started back in july and it has not gotten any better. actually, I think it has gotten a lot worse but a lot probably has to do with the fact that it's all I think about now. The lightheadedness came first and then the pressure. Its driving me insane! Im constantly researching online for what this could be and I'm only 19. I'm anxious all the time but I don't think this has only to do with my anxiety. I feel pressure on top of my head, on my forehead and it extends down to my nose and back of my throat. I have a stuffy nose that never clears up, ringing in my ears and something just seems to feel not quite right with my throat. I was told I had a sinus infection and took 2 different antibiotics for it which didnt help at all. afterwards, I got an x-ray for sinusitis and it came back normal so I never had an infection in the first place. my blood and urine test came back normal. I am seeing an ENT next week and I've been counting down the days. it's so sad when the only thing you look forward to is going to see doctors in search of some answers. It's almost been 4 months now and I havent found any relief. Sometimes I get really scared that it will never end which makes me even more anxious. I just want someone to tell me that eveything's going to be okay but I just feel like my life is ending. I feel like I did take my life for granted and if this were to clear up ever, i would be so forever grateful you have no idea. and on top of that, my left ankle and foot seem to have this tight sensation in it at times when I stand on it. this is just a neverending cycle of worry! its overwhelming

Sounds like migraines? Maybe try some relpax? Not a doctor, but Might want to ask about that.

Hey everyone im really glad i stumbled accross this forum

i startedhaving anxiety attacks really bad 2 months ago ive always been a panicker but the past 2 months saw me leaving restaurants for fear of collapsing worring about the tinyest things and going from a really outgoing person to someone who dreads leaving the house.

I have all the same symptoms and it's driving me crazy..I just want to feel myself again...I have had no tests and I will go crazy waiting for the results...I always worry it's a tumour...it's hard to get through the day..I have a beautiful son that I want to focus on and all my thoughts are on the pressure...I was seeing a therapist and that seemed to help..I am thinking I need to go back.

I have all the symptoms everyone here has and I would truly say I have hundreds more, sometimes its too much, I think I'm going crazy sometimes, but now I'm starting to feel its a real anxiety thing, I work as paparazzi and have taken ecstasy before and taken prohormones so I have blood tests and stomach x-rays done, everything came back normal. Basically it all started with tremors, and not being able to speak one night when my gf went out and I couldnt reach her, I got so pissed of she came back drunk and when she came out through the door, I started trembling, shaking soo crazy, couldnt walk speak, or breath well. Ok got over that, then 2 weeks later had diarreah the whole day, I usually would take stimulants and drink a lot of vodka, every week. After the diarreah that day, went to sleep after a excellent workout at the gym and then laid down at like 2am, soon as I lay down, something I never felt before came over me...got up thinking I was having a heart attack and called my parents who were sleeping and checked blood pressure was 180/120, pulse was over 100 and I was having a stomach pain, that I cant even describe, everything came at once, I had tremors, heart palpitations, muscle shoooting sharp pains in my head, arms, fingers, feet, legs...omg It was like horrible, I was fearing for my life... tried chilling but couldnt, then pressure dropped dramaticallly at ike 5 or 6am, and fell asleep for 3 hours with MOM by the side, seemed that having her there at that time was the most comforting thing in the world, but my body ached... Went to a clinic in the morning, got blood tests done, the whole deal, felt really weird symptoms. Lighthead, vomited the whole night(had forgot to write down), and stomach was 5 times the normal side, couldnt eat anything or drink also my throat was really swollen too. The doctors got blood tests, I came back home. Laid down all day until stomach pain and head pressure got to limit it was 10/10 gradewise. Heart palpitations and sharp shocking pains in my body were really bad, felt the weakest also, couldnt breath move, or stand, got my Father to take me to a hospital, was very scared that on my way to emergency I would have a stroke or a heart attack in the car. Got to hospital, saw about 50 people waiting to be helped and got to register myself and pain in the left side of chest was really bad, heart palpitations couldnt let me breath, they did the EKG and came back normal...sat there with the biggest pain in the stomach and heart pain(doesnt exist as some experts say) crying, and very sad, took pain medication that would work, and after waiting 3 hours without any medical attention because emergencies are like that, then went home, there was nothing no one could do and my parents were also very worried. Got home and had a soup, very hard to take down, went to bathroom and vomited, and a little blood also could be seen in vomit, so there you go, another thing to worry about. Couldnt go to sleep that night more than 2 hrs, then the next day went to see doctor again and prescribed zantac twice a day and from that day I started getting my stomch pain better, they started going away, and then the symptoms got better withn aweek but new ones came, one i have until now as I write that I hate the most is buzzing inside my head and pressure. Also had during these 2 months that its been I had a x-ray of stomach done, 2 blood tests and nothing shows, everything is perfect, just my hemogloblin is high but because of prohormones done about 4 months ago. I have now stomach pain, very little but still present, gas, lightheaded, pressure in head, buzzing in ears, when I workout I feel weak after lifting weight and can't breath, feel like fainting and pressure in veins and muscle weakness, muscle spazms...and Its been like this, up and down, sometime im good sometime Im feeling bad. I have been under a lotta stress latelly and thats why I think Im having these but, I still dont wanna believe my doctors saying I have only Anxiety. I wanna get better and go back to living normallly, I cant even run like I did before, my pulse just skyrockets and I feel like Im gonna die after a 5 min run...I hate this. Can someone please tell me what more tests should be done??? Please help me...I am not taking any medication and won't I hate these drugs, I wanna detox my body now. I need to know what other tests should I run and what might I have...And one more thing all these start with a little stomach, I would say adrenal sensation... Any help apreciated!! And may God help us ALL!!!

It sounds like just generlized anxiety to me. I have pressure on the left side of my head not to bad though,and buzzing in my ears I used to get. Anxiety can do so much to your body. When I take an xanax they go away so I know its just generalized anxiety. I did have a number of tests done and it all just comes down to anxiety. Nerves can do so much to you. I know to I have generalized anxiety because I get compulsive disorders. I used to have augoraphobia so bad. I couldnt go outside, I would want to run back in the house,and forget about food shopping or anything else for that matter. I was always feeling light headed and so on edge and worry all the time about this and that. I tried a number of antidepresants and Lexapro seems to work the best. I had no more compulisive disorders and felt so much better. People with generalized anxiety disorder usually feel all kinds of different symptoms. So don't worry. Try lexapro. I think it will help you. Feel better. (:

I have a lot of the same symptoms and have found some relief with Mahnesium, Vitamin C, and B complex 100 plus got my vitamin D up from 26 to 60. I feel better most of the time but without sleep or under stress it still gets bad.

I tried Lexapro myself, I hear it works great for some but for me it made me feel great for about 5 hours and then worse then ever for 2 days after. I only took it that one time. My body is very sensitive to drugs so I am sticking with vitamins.

Even when I feel crappy, I seem to be able to calm myself down these days. Takes a few minutes but I can do it.

BTW, My anxiety came overnight. Felt completely normal, then drank some beer and woke up Shaking from nervousness and vertigo that was horrible. This then lead to me being very worried about it, after being very stressed for 2 weeks over these 2 symptoms, it got worse. I then began having crazy thoughts! This is my worst symptom, I hate it! I would never do anything bad to anyone but my mind surely loves to think about it....lol. I try to laugh about it!

Anyway, I think Adrenal Fatigue is the root problem for most of us. Heal your adrenals and your brain will get back to normal. When the adrenals wear out and cannot keep up with cortisol demand, they will produce Adrenaline instead. That makes for a crazy brain and no fun sitting still. lol.

We will be healed, not to worry.

BTW, My Serotonin tested very low, I believe this is due to Adrenal Fatigue and to much Adrenaline!

Read up on it and begin repairing your Adrenals, they are what deals with stress. It is vital to your recovery!

Hey all im also glad i came across this posts.
I have had bad Anxiety for say 5 years now. Its absolute hell. I feel nobody else know what its like. Its relieving to know that others feel the same here and im not the only one. Mine started with bad spell of drugs on the night of 19th birthday. I havnt been right ever since. Ive had loads of diffrent tablets with no improvement whatsoever. Iv had my heart checked because i "thought" i was taking heart attacks, cause i got regular palputations, but the results were clear. I keep thinking ive got a brain tumour or a disease thats going to kill me. Its so scary.
I no longer take any medication as i felt it made me worse, Probably just in my head though. I felt a slight improvement over the years until i hurt my back at work in january and ive been off work ever since and i fell my anxiety getting worse again. Its a vicious circle and i to cant get out of it. I feel its trapped me. I would love to get an MRI to see if there is anything but its not easy to get one on NHS i dont think.
I would love to train for a good career but this is holding me back and dont know what to do. I feel im going to have this for the rest of my life.

[ cognitive therapy is the best remedy for this anxiety problem trust me you do NOT need drugs meds