hello,
i've been very light headed and dizzy lately. Ever sense around last september(2006) i've felt really dizzy, sometimes lightheaded and sometimes i feel like i'm going to pass out..i never do pass out but i get the feeling. I've been to the doctors many times, they treated me for vertigo but that's not what i have. I got my blood pressure checked and that's fine. And i've been being treated for anxiety. I take anxiety medicine because they thought maybe i was having anxiety attacks..it does get worse when i think about it but i still have it even if i'm not thinking about it. I don't know what to do, i try to live my life as normal as possible but it's really hard. Lately it's been worse then it usually is and i have a 1 month old son that i need to take care of, it's hard to be happy not knowing what's wrong with me and not knowing if it will ever go away. I just want to feel completely normal again. I need any advice i can get. Every time i go to the doctors i try to explain to them just exactly how i feel but it's hard and i can't quite explain exactly how it feels..i need some help on diagnosing or helping my doctor diagnose what's wrong with me. :'(

Hi - I have the same problem and can't seem to get any better either.....

i have had the same problems for about 3 years now and no one can figure out what it is. Someone please respond.

From what I gathered around the internet they say it's most likely dehydration. I get light headed and when it's really bad my nose even starts bleeding. I know it gets a little better if I keep hydrated, but the light-headed feeling doesn't completely go away no matter how much water I drink. Having anxiety only makes it worse. It's never fun when I start getting stressed because then I both panic and get light headed.

The only suggestion I can think of is keep hydrated and make sure you eat more healthy meals.

yo i know exactley how YOU FEEL I GET THE SAME THING...LIKE THE HOLE THING U ROTE I WOULDA ROTE...SERIOUSLEY I CANT BELIEVE I FOUND A PERSON THAT HAS THE SAME FEELING AS ME!...omg this is so wierd get aim and talk to me mines >> chyllimtonice << seriousley i know exactley ow u feel im 14 and i dont think its ever gonna go away ='/

HI IVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR YEARS AND HAVE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH IT .IN MY CASE I THINK ITS TO DO WITH ANXIETY AND SOMETIMES IF THE WEATHER IS VERY HOT THAT GIVES ME LIGHT HEADEDNESS .I WAKE UP FEELING HOT AND DEHYDRATED SO KEEP UP THE FLUIDS. IVE SPOKEN TO MY DOCTORS AND NOONE HAS ACTUALLY SAID TO ME ITS BECAUSE OF *******.I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE IT IS SCARY.XXX

I SUFFER FROM DIZZY SPELLS REALLY BAD AND I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR AND HE SAYS ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ANXIETY. I CANT WALK ANYWHERE FOR LONG OR STAND IN A QUE FOR LONG. I HAVE HAD BLOOD TESTS DONE AND EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING.

I HATE HAVING THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE IT LIMITS ME TO DOING THINGS. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I have read all your posts and can relate to what all of you are saying. I have anxiety but I also get dizzy spells and have been to the doctors. With my dizzy spells though I become either hot or cold. I have been tested for diabetes and my blood work comes out normal. (Everyone in my family has diabetes, type I and II.)

I found that when I eat or drink something with sugar in it ... NOT A LOT it seems to change my overall feeling. When you got your blood work drawn were you feeling those dizzy symptoms? If not then you may have hypoglycemia.

Hypoglycemia, also called low blood glucose or low blood sugar, occurs when blood glucose drops below normal levels. Glucose, an important source of energy for the body, comes from food. Carbohydrates are the main dietary source of glucose. Rice, potatoes, bread, tortillas, cereal, milk, fruit, and sweets are all carbohydrate-rich foods.

Hypoglycemia causes symptoms such as

* hunger
* shakiness
* nervousness
* sweating
* dizziness or light-headedness
* sleepiness
* confusion
* difficulty speaking
* anxiety
* weakness

Hypoglycemia can also happen during sleep. Some signs of hypoglycemia during sleep include

* crying out or having nightmares
* finding pajamas or sheets damp from perspiration
* feeling tired, irritable, or confused after waking up

Now I am not saying all or any of you have this but it is something to look into and take care of.

I am so glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way. I was also told that it is anxiety. I am sure some of it may be related to anxiety but there is another problem there. I will start to keep hydrated (I did not know that could be the issue before). The thing I do that helps me is deep breathing. I breathe in my nose for a two count (one thousand one, one thousand two) and out of my mouth for a four count (one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four). I was told this will re oxygenate the body. This replaces all of the oxygen in your lungs with new oxygen. This is supposed to give more oxygen to the brain. I was told this by a doctor and it seems to help some. It does not completely take it away but it does alleviate some of the feeling. When you are feeling like that even a little relief helps. Any other ideas would be appreciated!

i have the same problem... my blood pressure has been basically good, maybe once a day it kinda goes up, but my heart rate/pulse is over 100 and it has never been that high in all my life...

i do suffer from panic attacks and anxiety problems as well as depression, i was put on effexor-xr and it has done a good job of keeping things blah, no highs or lows, not exactly what someone wants to feel like 24/7...

i was put on desipramine for neuropathic pain in my legs, and it can cause vertigo, but i don't get dizzy upon rising or light headed either...

i have a blood pressure machine at home and i've been checking it several times a day, sometimes at rest, sometimes after doing regular activities, and twice in the last 4 days i've checked it after some physical activity (walking up and down the stairs a few times and after watching a half hour of something very funny)... my blood pressure was extremely elevated after these last two events...

i have an appointment on the 4th of march with my doctor about this, maybe getting your blood pressure checked during some physical activity would be a good idea... doctors perform something called a "stress test"... usually involving a treadmill...

i've been spending the past 4 days online, checking everything i can to figure out what the heck is going on here, maybe there's an answer out there somewhere...

i'll be sure to post back after my doctor's appointment next week, i hope he tells me something good about this that i can pass along to you all... i know exactly how you feel...

I have a problem felling dizzy through the day and i wonder if he has to do with my thyroid.

I don't know what's wrong with all the doctors out there! You've all been diagnosed with degrees of anxiety, but you aren't aware that these feelings are all a result of anxiety?? I have this problem, and I was sent to a cognitive therapist who went into WHY I WAS ANXIOUS. Once you know why, it's easier to deal with. You might need medication to sort out your chemical imbalances, but you won't get better until you figure out why the anxiety. Just the fact that you are all looking at your conditions under the microscope is a sign that it's anxiety. Get out and enjoy life. You only have one. Get a mantra. Say to yourself YOU ARE OK& YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON. IF THINGS GO WRONG, YOU'LL DEAL WITH THEM BEST YOU CAN.
Anxiety breeds anxiety, so stop pondering what's wrong with you and celebrate what's right.

Hi.. when I was 20 I was starting to feel lightheaded and dizzy and I would get sick to my stomach and I always felt like I wanted to take a nap. Well I went to the doctor and he told me that I had been hyperventilating. Taking too many deep breaths. I was getting to much oxygen. He just told me to breath in a bag and it worked! This also will cause anxiety if you don't take care of it. He also asked me if I used to smoke and I had just quit about 4 months before that. He told me that because I used to smoke I was still trying to breath like I was inhaling a cigarette. So try breathing in a bag.. It helps me everytime!

THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME. EVERY TIME I STAND I FEEL SO LIGHT HEADED. TODAY WILL BE MY 3RD DAY FEELING THIS WAY. I KNOW I'M HYDRATED BECAUSE I CARRY WATER WITH ME EVERY WHERE I GO. THE ONLY THING I HAVE CHANGED IS MY EATING HABITS. I'M EATING HEALTHIER AND TRYING TO STAY FIT. AS I'M TYPING THIS I FEEL DIZZY AS IF I HAVE A BAD HANG OVER... ANY1 WITH SUGGESTIONS PLEASE REPLY.

I was dizzy and afraid to go in store or i would pass out also tunnel vision.iwas stressed to the max!
this went on for 6 to 8 months.So one day i got the idea to lift weights and withend a week i no longer
had the problem.I can go all the way to the back of walmart with no problem. Also started walking.
Hope this helps.God bless!Laying on Hands! Heal other people!