My son was recently proscribed a dexamphetamine. I would like to know all there is to know about this drug. I want to help him and by not knowing anything I will not be able. So, I would appreciate any information.

Dexamphetamines are stimulants that are used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Narcolepsy. These conditions are very common, especially ADHD among young teens. When dexamphetamines are used correctly, they can help people with these disorders. They help them concentrate and improve their relationships with family and friends. Because of the amphetamine effect of the drug, non-medical use Dexamphetamine has become popular in young people. This drug comes in the form of small white tablets with D5 marked on one side. The effects of any drug on a person vary depending on size, weight, and health of the person. It also depends on the amount of the drug taken. If dexamphetamine is used for long periods without the supervision of a doctor it can cause some conditions. The most common ones are headaches, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, blurred vision, upset stomach, abdominal pains, dry mouth, weight loss, insomnia and nightmares.