Hi. I'm 18 years old and about a week ago I was diagnosed with some behavior disorder called ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I didn’t have so many symptoms but I felt inability to concentrate and didn’t have enough patience to talk with anyone, my parents, friend or my school teachers.
I've contacted one family friend who was psychiatrist and he told me that I could be suffering from this ADHD disorder and that I should start using some Ritalin for beginning and we will see the effects.
Is there anything I should know about this drug before I start using it?

Hello. I'm using this drug for more then a year and believe me- I haven’t experienced any side effect at all.
Main substance in this medication is called Methylphenidate.
It is an amphetamine-like stimulant and it is used for many conditions and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is just one of them.
Like all other drugs it has some side effects you should know about such as insomnia, nervousness, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision but they occur very rarely.
You should also be aware that Ritalin may cause drug dependence so it isn’t made for long term usage!
Wish you luck!