Hi, I have been prescribed with amphetamine, but I am addicted now. How can I stop this? Should I change therapy for ADHD?

Hi, doctors prescribe amphetamines for different diseases, but it is still question whether it is appropriate or not. Hyperactivity disorder can also be treated with psychological help. Ritalin, Cylert, and Adderall are the most spread forms of prescription amphetamines. Amphetamines are use to "speed up" normal people, and calm those with hyperactivity or attention-deficit disorders. They are also called speed, bennies, and uppers. Effects on the central nervous system are stimulative in normal people. If you feel like you depend on this drug, then you are facing a real problem and need to find some other solution.

Hi. Just wanted to comment on your query. I have ADD, and the stimulant medication "Adderall" (amphetamine) helps me, tremendously. However, I have, at times, abused it. It is highly addictive. I recommend seeking psychotherapy (preferably analysis) to determine what is causing you to abuse the drug. Above all, be careful and take care of yourself! Peace.