My son is diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity or so called ADHD. His impulsivity was decreased, he was stubbornness and aggressive. Before that he used Ritalin but doctor decided to change therapy. He use Adderal for a 7 days but I still can’t see it works. Maybe he should back to Ritalin?

Adderal contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, and both are stimulants. It’s used to improve a patient’s attention span, decrease impulsivity, stubbornness and aggression. Adderal is effective for most patients when is taken once or twice a day. Also, it can relief some patients that used Ritalin before and it wasn’t effective with therapy. Usually effects of Adderal can be felt after a few doses, but also it may take additional time to achieve the full effect. It may require adjusting dosages. Maximum benefit is achieved after 3 or 4 week with most people. It’s normal your son doesn’t feel better if he started using Adderal only 7 days ago. I guess your doctor check all contraindications for using this medicine. I wouldn’t recommend you to back on Ritalin, you should continue with therapy and after one month ask for another, if Adderal doesn’t help.