I hope that you could help me because I am not so sure about my doctor! I am going from Cymbalta to Effexor XR and it is not an easy process. I am trying to get of from Cymbalta because I could not stand side effects any more. But I am in only reducing C dosage for now and already started taking Eff. Now I feel really strange and I wonder if there was any other way to deal with this.

Hmm, I do not know about your doctor, but I do not think that the combination of those two in any way is good for you. I know what is written on info paper on both medicaments they can cause suicidal tendencies! You should have read that first. Try explaining your doctor that this therapy is not functioning that good and that you need a change, perhaps. Some people are trying to deal with problem like yours with EmPower Plus, they say it worked out great for them. Maybe you should try it too.

I have been on Cymbalta 60mg for almost 5 years. It worked fine for my depression but the last 2 years I developed gastrointestinal probs. So my Doc weaned me off the Cymbalta and for two months I was gastrointestinal problem free but I crashed mentally with worse depression then what I took it for so Doc put me on a 30mg low dose which helped immediately but no sooner did I feel mentally better that I felt the gastroinstestinal probs start up again. I am looking for a medication that my insurance covers (it did not cover Cymbalta at $168/month and i had to apply for Lilly's Patient Assistance Program which helped but now with having insurance neither will cover it) that will take care of my depression and not make me tired and not give me gastrointestinal digestive issues like the severe ones I experienced that felt that were like labor pains or celiac disease or even chrohns disease symptoms and they are now listed and reported to FDA as of 12/2009 from other people not just me. Im trying to see if Effexor or Zoloft will work for me instead. - Kim

I have switched from Cymbalta to Effexor in the past and am going to again now...because I just can't afford Cymbalta....I have major depressive disorder but also have Fibromyalgia and the cymbalta + my Neurontin really take care of that pain....so I know the Effexor will take care of the depression and will be in extreme pain in about 3 weeks....I've not had a probklme with the swithc in the past and hope I don't now...good luck...

Hi did you tail off cymbalta and then start Effexor or was it an immediate swap

My doctor told me to just switch and their was no need to taper off the Cymbalta first. I did and had no problems at all.

Yes i did the same